Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broil King Smoke XL Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broil King Smoke XL Pro

Just wondering if anyone had experience with thisnew pellet pooper. Looks pretty good.

Last edited by mattcotool; May 21, 2019, 09:59 AM.

One of the neat things about the pellet smoker segment is the rapid changes currently going on. New players offering "improvements/features", longer term players upping their game (some of them), and still one or two riding on previous laurels.

At 1400 beans this one will have plenty of feature laden competition. It all comes down to what's most important for the prospective buyer. The rotisserie is pretty unique, the cast grates may be a plus, and the fire box ash sifter could be a good feature if not gimmicky. It appears to lack a PID controller which might hurt it at this price. Some might feel stainless steel important too. 22 pounds of storage in the feed bin is only a couple pounds above what is very common, and below others at this price (and lower) who have more. Decent but not earth shaking warrantee. Again, it's a competitive market segment, and fast moving. Looks to be new enough that current feedback is only a couple months old, so not likely many users out there yet. But, the season is young.

Comment

I'd like to see the average size of the 8 pork butts fitting in that thing.

Comment

Is it just me or do the pictures make it look like a toy model of a pellet grill?

Comment

• SMOG MAN
          SMOG MAN commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn’t notice until your comment but I agree

I've seen these and they are definitely not toys. However, I haven't seen much market penetration in the USA for these newish pellet smokers.

Comment

I just got one of these delivered today. I can definitely say that it isn't a toy weighing in at a hefty 250 pounds empty. Add some pellets and it will weigh close to 300 pounds. I haven't tried it yet but once we cook on it I'll let you know how it works out. It's my first pellet grill so I have nothing to compare it to .

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here