Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving on from pellet cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats.

"It’s just my opinion that the kettle/fan combo does everything a pellet grill can do and does it better with just about as much ease."

Kettle Fan doesn’t reassure the condo board and insurance company about charcoal on a wood deck the way an electric pellet smoker does.

But thats one very very special thing. ;-)

Comment

Part of my evolution in this cooking adventure early on was to get away from cookers that had to be plugged in....not knocking them, there's just far less concern about the elements with my charcoal cookers (camping/tailgating cooks had a large role in this too).

Comment

I bought a GMG and cooked maybe 10 times on it before selling it. It wasn't that it didn't cook good food but it just didn't produce the flavors I was looking for, plus it had a couple issues with the auger. So I always worried about the auger either stopping or the controller feeding too many pellets so I kept a close eye on it. Decided if I was going to spend the time worrying and watching all the time why not at least get the flavors out of my cooker while I'm doing it. So I sold the pellet cooker and hello PBC. Now I'm thinking a smaller (36"?) offset would really fit nicely with my 26" kettle and PBC....👍👍👍

Comment

Kettle/SNS. I put a chuckie on at around 11 with the sns, and it is sitting at 252 and not moving. Since I got the sns, I have only used my beloved wsm a couple of times, but I am going to remedy that soon. I have the Traeger Scout that we use from time to time for burgers and dogs, and I really like the Grilla Chimp to replace the Traeger (it is just too small), but the kettle/sns is a game changer in my book. We have the 22" kettle.

Comment

Well I'm not having any fun at all. I put a brisket on my PBC this morning and I haven't had to touch it yet. The darn thing is just staying in its target temp range the whole time. Boring. I might go back to smoking on my Kettle/SnS just so I can tend the fire. Wait, we all know I'm going to get a controller for it so I won't have anything to do there either...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              As long as yer havin a happy cook, then it's a great Sunday!
              Lookin forward to some brisky pics, if yer able to...

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I did some baby backs yesterday on the BGE+Smobot. Only needed to check for doneness a couple of times. Got to hang out with the visiting family on a nice, sunny day.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here