Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pellet Pro grills question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pellet Pro grills question

Just wondering if any1 has used the heavy d stick burner option on a pellet pro grill. It looks intriguing. The option when you want more smoke to be able to throw some wood in it. Any opinions on it or has any1 used it before?

I think I found my answer. In this link in another forum,
    I would try some Mojobitcks before I went to the "Heavy D". Interesting product. Haven't seen those before but I have to wonder how they compare to a smoke tube with pellets... For what it is worth, I have not run my HD enough yet to form an opinion however the last run of ribs done seemed to...

I found some good info on the heavyd stick burner option. Apparently you can use it in grills other than the pellet pro. I was really happy to see someone having good success using it in a rectec stampede since that is one of the grills I was considering getting. Could be the best of both worlds.

Comment

I recently bought a rectec stampede and also the heavy d stick burner. It is a perfect fit on my stampede and is easy to use. If you want extra smoke, you just remove the drip pan and u can access the heavyd to put wood in it without removing it. Just take the little doors off and add wood to it, put the doors and drip pan back in, and start your smoke like normal. Its an extra 1 min of effort to get that stronger smoke profile. Set it for 225 and let it do its thing.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here