Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Slam vs Yoder grilling and searing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potkettleblack, last night I looked at several gorilla video. Each one I looked at featured the silverback, is it a better smoker? Which do you have and do you ever grill or sear on it. Would the OG handle two people and occasionally four. You say the OG put out a better smoke, I’m assuming your talking a more Smokey flavor? That’s what I’m looking for. I’ve used tubes in my present gasser and it just teases me with the smoke flavor, so hoping the pellet grill will give me more. Yes I know pellets smokers aren’t as good as stick burners or charcoal in that department but I cannot use either of those in my neighborhood. Besides as I said I have a tube to help if needed.
    thanks

Comment

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the OG. The Silverback is their best selling grill, I think because it’s a lower cost and a higher capacity. So, they tend to demonstrate on it.

Smoke profile on OG is supposedly a bit better. I haven’t had any complaints. I do thick burgers on it, but no searing. No Flip Burgers are solid for that. I have the Weber genesis for searing. The pellet is really a dedicated smoker for me. That’s what it does best.
      Last edited by Potkettleblack; April 13, 2019, 09:36 AM.

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      The customer service guys at Grilla told me via email that if smoke is what I’m after, I would be happiest with the OG and not the Silverbac. I think with the upper rack extension I would go for that over the Silverbac, and sacrifice a little capacity for quality smoke. Plus the flames in that window just look cool! Add a Weber gas grill and you are done.

Sounds like solid advice. What are no flip burgers and how are they prepared?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here