Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Loin Roast Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Loin Roast Today

I did my first pellet smoker pork loin roast today. It is about 4 lbs and quite lean. I started by patting it dry with paper towels and then applying a thin olive oil coat. Next, I rubbed in some Blues Hog Dry Rub Seasoning and let it sit for about 10 minutes while the smoker got up to 220F (Hi Smoke setting). I put a temp probe into the roast and placed it on the middle of the grill and closed the lid.

I made no adjustments to the temp and did not open the lid for 3 hours. At the 3-hour point, the IT was at 148F. OOPS! I should have checked it 10 minutes earlier so I could have pulled it at exactly 145F.

Well, as it turned out, everything was okay. At the first cut, the meat is very moist and very tender.

Another win for the rookie. Or was it just dumb luck.

Iā€™m liking this pellet pooper more every time I use it.

Good job. Looks moist and delicious. Welcome to the pellet world.

Comment

I love loins! When I had my stick burner it was something delicious I could serve the family without manning the smoker all night.

Comment

looks fantastic.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

I can see some sandwiches in the future.

Comment

• dubob
              dubob commented
              Editing a comment
              Ya think? šŸ˜

Nicely done!

Comment

Looks delicious, Brother!
              Never underestimate Dumb Luck...
              Either way, it was still a win!

Comment

Nice work !!! Try rolling one with you favorite ingredients next go round !!

Comment

Looks good !

Comment

Great job. I don't think it was dumb luck - you nailed it! looks delish.

Comment

Nice cook. I did the same thing with my first pork loin. Thought it would take longer so I took a nap. Oops!
                      As luck would have it, the loin was great and I got a nap in to boot. Win Win

Comment

• dubob
                        dubob commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yep, same here; naps are good. šŸ‘

I actually would pull a loin at 140. It will creep up to 145 on its own. Yours looks great though! Wonderful: now you have me thinking about a pellet pooper! MCS strikes again!

Comment

I looked at a couple of recipes before doing this cook and they pretty much said to smoke for an hour at a smoking temp and then bump the temp up to 350F give or take. I didn't do that; instead I just left it at Hi Smoke (220F) for the entire cook. That may have been why it was very moist, even at 148F IT. But that's just a WAG on my part.

Comment

• CandySueQ
                          CandySueQ commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Very nice hunk of pork! Beautiful smoke ring.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here