Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked Up A New Pellet Cooker (in the jungle!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked Up A New Pellet Cooker (in the jungle!)

You know where you are, you’re in the jungle!!!

Oddly enough that jungle is in Holland, Michigan and that pellet cooker is an Orginal Grilla.

I had meetings for work in Angola, IN on Friday and it is only a couple hour drive to Holland from there (as opposed to over 5 hours from my house). Luckily the meeting got over in just enough time (2:30) to make it there right before they closed. I called and told them I what was going on and they said come on up and offered to stay.

The service was awesome and Mark actually stayed after hours to help me load up and close the place down. I greatly appreciated him accommodating and being willing to stay a few extra minutes to answer some fan boy questions and just chat. Their service and approach was one of the reasons I had decided to go with them and my experience there and with the team just confirmed it.

As a side note... my wife who is unbelievably supportive of me and puts up with my shenanigans was along for the ride.

We ended up staying downtown Holland on 8th street and hitting up some of the Breweries. We had dinner at Hops at 84 East and it was awesome. Saturday we strolled the shops on 8th street and had lunch at New Holland Brewing Co... followed by a nice stroll along Lake Michigan.

Unfortunately it is raining today so I haven’t unboxed the Grilla yet...

Click image for larger version  Name:	42D38FDA-BEB7-48E2-BB4F-FA4595357420.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.80 MB ID:	654647

Click image for larger version  Name:	6753815F-D9B4-4CA7-8DA8-3A98A765DBAB.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.48 MB ID:	654645

Click image for larger version  Name:	71F93BBD-5D80-410B-9EED-E0C2F7CA10E8.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.37 MB ID:	654644

Click image for larger version  Name:	5E53ED02-61DF-41AB-9977-2271172C2B92.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.15 MB ID:	654646
    Last edited by Nate; March 24, 2019, 08:15 PM.

You're going to love that OG and the fact that, if you ever need it, Grilla Grills' absolutely great service is always just a call or email away.

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve been wanting a pellet cooker for a year and just kept going back to them. Their service has been awesome when I have called with questions and they don’t just bash the competition when you ask about differences.

Congrats! Hope you enjoyed your time in Michigan! One of the things we're very well known for are micro breweries and distilleries, in fact New Holland Brewery/distilling makes one of my most favorite gins on the face of the earth, Knickerbocker.

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you and we did!

Congrats on the Grilla, and the fun times.

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ron!

Congratulations and enjoy your cooker. Looking forward to seeing your cooks.

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Nate , have fun with that new Grilla!! Be sure to post some cooks too.

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Skip!

we love holland. cool little story here - look forward to reading your experience with the grill once you get it unpacked.

Comment

• xaugievike
      xaugievike commented
      Editing a comment
      and hello Grilla Kamado! how did I not know about this!?

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m looking forward to getting to cook on it. You need to go get you one of those Kongs... they even toss in some free stuff if you come pick it up!

Nothin like readin about great experiences with people/companies who still shine when it come to the people end of business. Happy fer ya. Can’t wait for the unpackin & first & many cooks.

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Fireman... I agree with ya.

Congrats on the new rig!! It's awesome that you got the tour as well! Looking forward to seeing your cooks from the Grilla!

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Spinaker. They have a cool showroom and customer area setup for those that stop in... including donkey Kong arcade game to keep you entertained while they get you loaded.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha, I'd be ripping DK for sure. Do they make the grills there? Nate

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately no... this was my one draw back with them. They are manufactured over seas. There are two big buildings on site. Their parent company is a metal fabrication company and in one building. The grills are warehoused in another building. They also make home furnaces that burn pellets and other fuel sources like corn.

Congrats! I was just in their showroom a couple of weeks ago to pick up my Silverbac. The company is just awesome and full of great people. Enjoy that new cooker!

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Almost went with the SB but decided on the Grilla. Hard choice though!

Fun thread! Congrats on your new Grilla Grills pellet muncher! Will this be your first time cooking with pellets? I for one LOVE pellet cooking

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Actually no this will not be the first time. Had a traeger jr. for a while so I know what I am getting into with the pros and cons. Pellet cooking was my gateway into BBQ and oddly enough AmazingRibs since I was needing to learn what to do. I love stick burning but just don’t always have the time to do it... but I still want Q.

• rwalters
      rwalters commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha! Very much looking forward to seeing you put the Grilla to good use and hearing whatcha think? Would LOVE to see you do a blind taste comparison on family/friends between your Grilla/stickburmer. Love that kinda stuff... lol.

Always refreshin to hear of such good customer service!

Lookin forward to yer great foods offa that new cooker!

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Bonesy!

Congrats on getting a great grill! I've been ogling pellet grills for a while, and Grilla sure has some serious products. I like how well built they are. Unfortunately (for me) they aren't available in Europe. Looking forward to seeing your first cooks on it!

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Henrik!

That is actually an interesting question... thought... what pellet cookers are available in Europe?

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      I know we have Green Mountain Grills and Traeger in Sweden. I have yet to see MAK, Grilla, Yoder for example.

• banchachiengmai
      banchachiengmai commented
      Editing a comment
      Lucky all of you, I am in Thailand and there are only Chinese ones, order through Alibaba. Cannot order from the States as we use 220V here. But gone through Alibaba site, there are a lot of them resembling the US ones. I probably get one next month.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here