Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Mak 1 Star General arrives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Mak 1 Star General arrives

FedEx arrives ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190304_114153.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	645793Click image for larger version

Name:	20190304_153649.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	645794

Took me a while but I managed to assemble it myself. I have a full upper grate and the wifi upgrade. I had to drill the hole for the wifi antenna mount, which is under the pellet boss by the power cord.

I enlisted a neighbor to help me move it to my back yard.

The temps top grate to bottom grate are well within the 15 degrees Mak said it would be!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190304_153216.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	645795

I CAN NOT WAIT to cook on this bad boy this weekend.

Sweet deal, Congrats, Brother!

Lookin forward to seein some Great Food come outta that Bad Boy!

Comment

Jackpot!!!! Congrats on the new rig.

Comment

Nice rig!!

Comment

Congrats on the new cooker.

Comment

Any Mak users out there cook in the rain yet? I can not post on Mak central yet so I can not ask there yet. But I did see there that Mak was born in Oregon, land of forever rain. To me that means to me that it should be fine in the rain. But I still worry about that fan. It seriously sucks in the air.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
              ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
              Editing a comment
              lostclusters I have a 2 Star so not sure if the 1 Star has a pellet dump door? I don't believe the 1 Star has any issues grilling in the rain, but under very specific weather circumstances sideways rain would cause water intrusion on the 2 Star. MAK already implemented a fix and I added an additional fix on the pellet dump door. The 1 star definitely doesn't have the intrusion issue between the grill and the hopper so you should be good there. You're gonna love your grill, the thing smokes!

Congrats! She's a beauty. I don't have any experience with MAKs, but I do know that rain is the single worst thing on most any cooker. Warm rain is far worse than cold air. The luxury of having a thermostat will likely mean it can adjust on the fly, so you probably won't have to lose sleep over a sudden rain shower.

Comment

Congrats. You and this new rig are gonna produce some amazing food. Sooo excited for you.

Comment

I love my Grilla ... have no plans to switch ... but if I did, that Mak would be high up on the list. Congrats!

Comment

Nice rig! I didn't think it rained in California? I went to San Diego about a year ago. It drizzled a bit and I was talking to a local who was complaining a little about it. He said the rain was too much. I asked how much rain they normally had and he said about 8-10 inches a year. I said we can get that much in one day. We had a good laugh about it. Show us some results when you get a chance and keep your rig dry.
                  Last edited by NapMaster; March 4, 2019, 10:19 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Bingo!

Comment

That is one fine smoker! I have yet to see a MAK IRL, but they sure look well built. Would love to see the first cook you do on that one, take some pictures for us!

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They would be amazing grills for places like England, Sweden, coastal France, Spain etc... I bet they would cost an absolute fortune after tariffs and taxes though. I'm sure converting one to 220 wouldn't be overly difficult or just run a converter box I suppose. My "stainless" name brand gas grill lasted 1 year in the UK and we were 2 hours from the coast! It's amazing how you don't think about the hardware and other parts of the grill until you live in a corrosive environment

Nice looking grill.

Comment

That would definitely be a good day in my book.

Comment

What a beauty.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here