Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for ideas for more stout wheels for my Mak 1 star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for ideas for more stout wheels for my Mak 1 star

I am looking for a wheel upgrade for my freshly ordered Mak 1 star. I am thinking it should be somewhat less then a Yoder competition cart. The terrain from front yard to back yard is somewhat rough and I would like to be able transverse it with my Mak 1 star. I am thinking like 4 or 5 inch wheels should do. I am going to check my local hardware stores but I thought I would check with you smart folks here too.

Thanks!

I would give MAK a call and ask them. No doubt this is something that has been mentioned to them before. In my opinion they are very responsive and if they can help you can count on them to do so. 503-623-1234

Comment

• lostclusters
      lostclusters commented
      Editing a comment
      Mak does not provide information on this subject, except for current wheel size and bolt info. I read some where else that they were working on a competition cart a while back but it did not come to fruition, so far.

Most of the competition cart wheels I see around here are just standard inflatable rubber tires. You should be able to source them at local specialty hardware stores or order online. Here's an online example of what I'm talking about ....

Source 4 Industries is proud to have served the Las Vegas material handling needs over the last 50 years. We have expanded our product offering online with happy customers over all 50 states.

Comment

Originally posted by Bighorn Dave View Post
      I would give MAK a call and ask them. No doubt this is something that has been mentioned to them before. In my opinion they are very responsive and if they can help you can count on them to do so. 503-623-1234
      Lostclusters it appears you did not speak to them directly but perhaps simply checked their web site. Give them a call. They won't bite and most likely will be very helpful. Only so much information can be put on a web site before it becomes cumbersome.

Comment

• lostclusters
        lostclusters commented
        Editing a comment
        I did call them. Several times. They have no info on other wheels for mak grills. Caleb and crew are very helpful and avail themselves as much as they can.

I do not bite either.

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks nice to know, the bitin thing. 🕶

Do a local search for Tractor Supply. They stock all sorts of casters as well as ATV tires. Since you want to move it around the yard you might consider solid wheelbarrow tires. The never go flat. You would have to do some rigging to make them work but it would be a fun project.

Comment

I'm somewhat surprised that MAK couldn't offer you suggestions which is so out of character from my dealings with them but it is what it is. NapMaster may have your answer if you are inclined to do projects on your own. Some of us like working with our hands while others not so much. When I take on a project I find figuring out how and what to use is the most fun. Then the finale is the satisfaction of seeing your creation and it actually works LOL. Good luck getting this resolved.

Comment

There's a guy on the MAK Pellet Grill Fans facebook page that has a modified cart for his 2 star that travels with him. I don't remember if it has upgraded wheels but I would assume it does. Another guy said he put 6" casters on from harbor freight.

Comment

The small casters they put on all grills are cheap, to small. I had fixed mine, I'll try and post picture. No luck. I posted a topic about it titled, I fixed it. Cannot seem to find it either. Any way after I turned the whole grill over a couple time's. I put 10 inch on the back and 8 inch casters on front. The kind with air in them. Bought all the stuff at Tractor supply. except Bought a pic of 4 inch angle iron at metal shop. Problem solved. Maybe someone else is smarter and can fine my topic.
            Last edited by randy56; March 2, 2019, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
              ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
              Editing a comment
              The casters on the MAK are the best casters I've ever seen. They have the best locking mechanism I've ever used and that's even comparing to metal and plastic casters we have on various industrial equipment at work. The problem is the ones on the MAK are great for a concrete patio or small gap decking, but not good at all on grass or big gap paver patios.

Click image for larger version

Name:	57236881709__D2E1559F-1805-41E2-8C17-9614E7ACBDCC (2).JPG
Views:	169
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	644237

Comment

Grainger has everything. www.grainger.com

Comment

• NapMaster
                NapMaster commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed. The only problem with them is you can't see the goodies in person. You have to know what you want for the most part.

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                We are lucky here in that there is a Grainger store close by. We can order to the store, go look and if its not right they just keep it. No charge. NapMaster

Heavy duty wheelbarrow wheels maybe.

Comment

This site has every kind of wheel there is: https://www.castercity.com/

I got it off Mak Cenral.

Comment

• MBMorgan
                  MBMorgan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yup!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here