Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A shoutout for MAK R&D and customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A shoutout for MAK R&D and customer service

I have to say I've been really impressed with my MAK. It has a few issues, but nothing serious. I've had to contact customer service once for a random issue and they were wanting to overnight me parts, which I declined because I wanted to trouble shoot the issue myself. I don't like wasting peoples time or money and expect to be treated the same. We never discovered the problem because it never happened again, but I was glad to know they were that willing to try to throw parts at it free of cost. Not too many companies do that these day, and even if they do they want you to send the suspect part in and receive it before they send you a new one.

Anyway a few of us users on FB were having an issue with pellets getting damp. Narrowing things down we all discovered a few suspect areas. Specifically, when conditions are a certain way, and you open the hopper lid, water will trickle down the exterior side of the hopper and some will bee line towards the hinges on the pellet dump. As a community a few people were willing to try a few things and see if it fixed it. MAK at first didn't think it could be happening, they never had this issue before, but we discovered when they added a safety feature, it changed the direction the hopper lid opened which created this scenario. This isn't something they would have discovered by spraying a hose at the unit or using it in normal rain. It's very specific moisture and weather conditions, so IMO very forgivable for them not discovering.

Fast forward to roughly a week after the discussion figured out the above, and they've already R&D'd a fix. Shipped said fix out to a few users for further testing, and will be offering the new fabbed part to existing owners and adding the part to all future models.

Maybe it's just coming from an Engineering world where things like this often take months if not years to roll out, but I'm extremely impressed.

Hope this is the right place for this? A lot of people take the time to complain about things, but rarely document positive experiences so I wanted to get it out there.

We love good CS stories.

Comment

Excellent. That is what service and loyalty to customer is about. Moreover, they clearly understand how their customers can help them too.

Comment

MAK has excellent customer service. They truly strive to make as good of a product as possible.

Comment

Yes, they came through QUICKLY! I did not expect a fix within a week of the reported issue. Impressive indeed

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here