Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone see these pellet smokers yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone see these pellet smokers yet?

In my never ending quest for another toy to add to the collection I came across this: https://www.myronmixonsmokers.com/en...-smokers/barq/

Have any of you guys seen these or heard of them, I wonder how they truly compare to the yoders and Pitts and Spitts for the money they are asking?

I guess this is his second time at bat for pellet smokers? https://amazingribs.com/smoker/myron...ster-q3-review

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      That I don't know for sure, but it would appear so. @gmasscolo51

• Max Good
      Max Good commented
      Editing a comment
      The discontinued Q3 wasn't made by Myron Mixon Smokers. Not sure what the deal was about him putting his name on them.

• phrogpilot73
      phrogpilot73 commented
      Editing a comment
      I bought one of the Pitmaster Q3's because I got it for a steal of a price (like $130). The controller broke within a year, and I couldn't get anyone to answer warranty replacement requests. I put a Pellet Pro PID controller, and couldn't be happier.

I don't wanna talk too much smack... but the price definitely has a mark up for name. The build looks like it may be pretty good? Not sure I've seen another pellet smoker with an oven seal on the door... But that controller? For that price you should be able to do 225 degrees or 385 or whatever. Those dial settings belong on the cheaper end of the market. Having said that, you never know until someone tests it. The plus size is the units seem pretty big?

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      CaptainMike well I would expect at minimum something with tighter increment options and a proprietary unit, not something from something else unless something else was top of the line. WiFi would be nice, but I mean my MAK doesn't have that and is in the same price range with less space inside If using someone else's tech I would think something like the RecTec controller or a similar unit.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      It sure looks like they cheaped-out in a very obvious way.

• JimLinebarger
      JimLinebarger commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 Seeing that controller turned me off also for that price. Granted, lots of realestate even for the smaller one (1700sq. in.) and more racks than most of the big names. The controller reminds me of the Bullseye.

Looks well made as best I can tell from pictures, however that controller looks kinda "low end."

Comment

I think that is the same controller that is used on a $700 Traeger.....

Comment

• panteracfh3
        panteracfh3 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s the exact same controller on my Traeger Pro 34. Knob that can go up/down in 25 degree intervals. While this works fine for me, I would expect more at the price point they’re selling it at.

Agreed not a top notch PID controller for the price point. I do like the looks and design of the cooking chamber. Just another example of self promotion affecting price.

Comment

I agree. For that price I would expect a better controller that also has wi-fi. Even then I can't see it being that much better than some other grills at half the cost.

Comment

Saw one of these In a NC store and the unit looks well built but a a lot of $$$ for that type of controller.

Comment

Couldn't find any pictures, really. I saw there's a video, but I don't like watching promo videos too much.

Oh well, no pics, crappy controller, starts at $1700? F that, man.

Comment

You would of thought someone like Myron who is so in tune with the art of smoking meats and bbq would have insisted this is not a place to skimp i.e. the controller. Although who truly knows the facts and circumstances behind this venture either? I know for the prices they are asking I would spend it with known products that have solid overall reviews.

Comment

Also looks like shipping needs to be added on top of those listed prices unless I missed something.

Comment

I have a traeger and will never switch to anything else

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here