Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PitMaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PitMaster?

Today Mr. Reliable (My Yoder YS640) failed to start. Tripped ground fault. Now think, synchronous motor trip ground fault, no, control board, not likely. 115V igniter, yes. Unplug igniter, reset ground fault, turn Yoder on, and hit start. All is well, I'll just start with a torch till the replacement part come in.

Pellet or not, Pit master.

Had the same thing happen to me this past Saturday on my Rec Tec. Kept tripping my GFI. Rec Tec gives you a spare igniter rod with your cooker. So I was able to just swap it out and was back up and running in no time.

Comment

FWIW, I've had a number of GFCI's get overly sensitive in their old age and have had to replace them when they started tripping over pretty much nothing.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        And replace with 20A GFCI if it's wired with 12ga

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        From what I can tell, tripping GFCI with a pellet grill is almost always the ignition rod. For the outlets themselves, what age range are you guys seeing the most failures with? I got a few at the house that are suspect, probably a few years older than the house putting them at 10+

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs - In my experience, 8 years very occasionally ... 10-12 years most commonly ... and more than a few still going strong after much longer.

I'm glad that you have mastered your pit

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here