Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Smoke Tube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Smoke Tube?

Learning my Rec Tec and looking for some guidance on the best smoking tube to add flavor on my wing cooks. My goal is to get them smokey and crispy without having to transfer the wings to the gasser. Thanks as always.

The Amazn products are pretty good. I have several of the 12-inch tubes A friend of mine has their maze product and says he likes it better than the tube.

Comment

Not sure about for the Rec Tec, but I've used the A-Maze-N snake/non-tube version with good effect on a gasser. I like that you can get a burn from both ends for about 2 hours of medium to heavy smoke or just burn from one end for around 4 hours of lighter smoke.

Comment

On it, thanks.

Comment

I've got both the tube and the tray. They both seem to work about the same for me. I will warn you; however, in my pellet cooker at temps you need to cook chicken at, say 350* to get that crispy skin, the combustion gasses and air flow make it hard for the tube to stay lit. I guess the oxygen is all consumed by the burn pot. You may not have this experience but it's something I've found to be true. Low temps, it's much easy to do. Good luck either way.

Comment

I think you’ll be fine with either the tube or non-tube type. I have both but seem to use the tube more...it’s just easier to move when lit. I light it standing up, like a big candle...and once it gets ripping I can blow out the flames and lay it in my fathers Traeger. The amount of real estate available also factors into that.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here