Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blazin Grill Works and Mak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blazin Grill Works and Mak

Hello,
    I'm new here to the forum. I just got my membership and I wish I had done it sooner. I'm looking to buy a pellet smoker in the next few days. Looking for one that's heavy duty enough to take to some competition but light enough to get up the hill to my patio.Does anyone have much experience comparing the blazin grill works line to a mak 1 star? I've never heard anything bad about Mak. Blazin I have read mixed as most people love them and then there is a entire forum trashing them. I would love the yoder w competition cart but there is no way to move that up hill through grass where I need to store it.

I’ve got no experience with competition but I think both will cook great food.

Welcome me to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana.

it may be worth giving the folks at yoder if you really like it. They may be able to give you more info or modify for your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jreilly View Post
        Hello,
        I would love the yoder w competition cart but there is no way to move that up hill through grass where I need to store it.
        Unless you plan on modifying the wheels I don't think you'll have much luck moving any pellet smoker up hill through grass. You're gong to need something more like this
        Attached Files

Comment

Welcome Jreilly

Comment

I have a MAK 1 Star. It’s super easy to use & puts out great food. The stock wheels are smallish plastic casters, certainly not designed for frequent transport. I don’t remember how much the 1 Star weighs but it’s not light especially if you’re going to lift it in/out of a truck/trailer for transport. It would not be a grill that I would consider for frequent travel or competition.

Comment

Thank you, does anyone know of issues with the blazin grill works?

Comment

• CandySueQ
                CandySueQ commented
                Editing a comment
                BlazN is very similar in build to Yoder. Likely much heavier than MAK.

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th' Pit!
              So glad yer here to learn along with me...

Comment

I've had the Blaz'N Grand Slam for about a year now and it's been great. It's around 315 lbs. and I got the competition wheels to make it easier to move from the garage to the back yard, going through some mulch/grass. I have no experience with a MAK. I'm interested as well as to the issues with Blaz'N. Every time I've had a question, Tim has been great to talk to. Good luck with whatever you end up with.

Comment

Thanks Flat Rocker, do you have the newer model with the ceramic ignition and digital controller?

Comment

• Flat Rocker
                    Flat Rocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The digital controller has been standard for a while but they did offer a retrofit kit for their older models I believe. I emailed Tim at Blaz'N on Friday and asked if they'd have a retrofit for the ceramic ignitor and he said they would, it's not quite ready to go yet.

Welcome to the pit from Hays America!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Although I do not have experience with Blaz’N, I do have several years of MAK experience under my belt. Yes, the MAK like most Pellet cookers will be a pain to pull through grass. No matter what direction you go, you may want to contact the manufacturers and ask if there is anyway to order your cooker with larger casters. Worth a shot. Other then that, I cannot reccomemd the MAK highly enough!!
                    Last edited by rwalters; January 8, 2018, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Jreilly
                      Jreilly commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Good advice, I keep coming back to the 1 star, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Did you ever make a decision/purchase? Just curious

Comment

I've found the folks at MAK to be straight up honest. Give them a call and ask about weight, modifications available and frankly what they suggest for your situation. I have the 2 star but it stays stationary for the most part on our concrete patio. Casters have been improved but still small. i would not be wanting to try to move this beast across a lawn that is well kept and healthy. Maybe MAK has a kit to improve on that condition. Worth a phone call and asking IMHO.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here