Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit Boss - successful cook but concerning display issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit Boss - successful cook but concerning display issue

With the help of this forum, a month or so ago I helped my father-in-law decide to buy a Pit Boss cabinet smoker with wifi (https://pitboss-grills.com/grills/ve...ertical-smoker).

Good news is it did a terrific job on Thanksgiving turkey, everyone was happy.

Somewhat concerning though...toward the end of the cook which had mostly run at 310, we cranked it up to 370 to crisp the skin. That seemed to work great...but shortly after the temp hit 370, the control board display went black. The wifi app continued to work, the fan and augur continued working to hold the temp, and after pulling the turkey we were able to use the app to trigger the shutdown sequence...but control board stayed black from that point on.

Looking at FAQ I thought maybe a blown fuse...we were about to open it up today to take a look, but first tried plugging it back in - and the control board display came back to life and now seems to be working fine again.

What worries me is that since we didn't do anything to fix it, seems likely to happen again...any Pit Boss owners (or others) have experience which sounds like above, or ideas what could be going on? DaveD has this ever happened to you?

On a happy note I'm also including photo of the very tasty and moist result!
    Attached Files

Sounds to me like one of those unexplained computer quirks, where a simple reboot fixes it. I don’t have your cooker but sometimes a reboot fixes everything. Curious to see how long it lasts.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here