Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabinet Smoker Options and Considerations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabinet Smoker Options and Considerations

I have a Camp Chef DLX 24 Pellet Grill that the controller seems to be going out so I'm itching to upgrade.

I commonly find myself running out of room doing cooks for parties of something like 2 pork butts and 2-4 racks of ribs. If I had the room I could see doing a brisket too.

This has me leaning to a cabinet smoker for the more room.

The concern I have is for the smaller cooks I do a couple times a week, i.e., a side of salmon for dinner, the load won't be appropriate causing it to be inefficient or not work well.

The ideas of a stainless steal and insulated, a lot of Midwest winter cooks, sounds nice.

This seems to point me to the FEC100 from Cookshack.

Thoughts? Other Suggestions?

Last edited by Hownottopetacat; November 4, 2022, 01:45 PM.

Your cabinet smoker sounds like a good idea, but I don’t have any recommendations for one though. What I would recommend for your smaller cooks though is a kettle grill. You can cook almost anything on one, low and slow, grilled, reverse sear, whatever. They’re the most versatile cooker there is IMO. Most of us here have at least one.
    Last edited by Panhead John; November 4, 2022, 02:26 PM.

Comment

What about a vertical pellet smoker? Cabinet form factor and all of the ease of use of pellet cookers. Easy to clean, too! Being able to sit in a chair and reach into the chamber for cleaning sure is a lot easier on my achin' back...

My Pit Boss Copperhead 5 has five shelves totaling just under a square meter of space, 1500-something square inches. Ten racks of SLC spares would run in there no problem, could probably fit four briskets, 8 pork butts, etc... I haven't done anything like that myself though, in fact tomorrow's cook of 3 chuck roasts will be the most I've put in there at once...

Comment

Check our Rocket Grillz on FB

Love the Off Set I purchased ...quality product

Comment

That FEC100 is no joke. Ask CandySueQ

I have a Smoke Vault 24 mainly for sausage.

Comment

• CandySueQ
            CandySueQ commented
            Editing a comment
            But the price of aFEC100 is about as costly as that CTO you were yearning for, Jerod Broussard!

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            I already have a pellet and I LOVE gas fired wood smoking. CandySueQ

I know that theroc texastweeter and Jerod Broussard all have the Smoke Vault. If I were looking for one that would be enough reason for me to buy that model.

Comment

I have had the large insulated cabinet cooker from Lone Star Grillz for a couple of years. I run a fireboard controller and Pit Bull fan. Very easy to use close to set nd forget. Lots of capacity. Run charcoal and wood chunks in it and it is very close to a stick burner taste wise. I can get about 20 hours burn time no problem. I can't say enough about them.

Overall Dimensions: 34" width x 31" depth x 62" tall Interior and exterior constructed from 11ga steel with 2000 degree insulation sandwiched in-between Cook Chamber Dimensions: 28" x 27" Product Details: 4 nickel-plated NSF approved wire sliding/pull-out food grates (6.75" clearance between racks) Fully flanged and ga

Their Mini might also be a consideration for you. It comes with the separate fire box door also.

Overall Dimensions: 26" length x 28" width x 62" tall Interior and exterior constructed from 11ga steel with 2000 degree insulation sandwiched in-between Cook Chamber Dimensions: 18" wide x 27" tall x 23'' deep Product Details: 4 nickel-plated NSF approved wire sliding/pull-out food grates (6.75" clearance between rack

Comment

I also gave 2 bbq vaults from pittmaker, then 2 more plus 2 sniper magnums from pittmaker.com on trailers

Comment

Backwards has some nice cabinets.

Backwoods Smokers are Professional Level cookers that are easy enough for a beginner to use. Using a patented double wall construction, we have put high quality insulation into every cooker, which gives you superior heat control in your pit while allowing the outside of the cooker to stay cool.

You can’t beat the Masterbuilt price though.

Masterbuilt’s 40-inch Digital Charcoal Smoker marries technology, convenience, and affordability without sacrificing authentic charcoal and wood flavor. With a high-capacity vertical orientation, superior temperature control, and hands-off ease of use, it offers a lot of conveniences and genuine smoke flavor for your dollar. 

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here