Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOT MCS, I’m trading up, vertically that is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome! Enjoy the new cooker (eventually!).

Comment

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully it will not become the poster child for logistics hell.

O ye of little faith!

Click image for larger version

Name:	F25DB7DF-354B-4E86-BB38-8BC16947A075.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	1307153
    Lo and behold, this showed up on my front porch today. I never got a shipment notice from Danson’s, only a delivery notice from FedEx, today! Forty-five minutes later, it was on my porch. 🤯

Since I was baking and cooking all morning, it seemed appropriate to go into assembly mode after lunch.

Name:	FED0C9F8-8DAB-43B1-AB87-2E9B831BD003.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	1307152
    "It lives!" Prior to this pic, all the assembly was done with it on its head. Looks like R2-D2 before going to see Oz for a brain. (I know, don’t mix metaphors. ) After about 45 minutes of assembly, I was feeling really good about how well constructed this smoker was and everything fit together.

And then, as I was in the final phase of assembly, I found this.

Name:	91673845-D536-4229-83FE-0CCF900169F0.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1307151
    This damage is on the rear, right, top of the main cabinet where the pellet hopper lid fits down onto the top of the pellet hopper. I don’t know how this could have happened in shipping because the pellet hopper lid is in fine shape, even where it meets this damaged area. I will be calling Pit Boss for 1) a complete replacement or 2) at least $100 off. I was actually able to bend the metal back into its original shape but I’ll still have to buy some Rustoleum to touch up that exposed bare metal. Quel dommage.

Name:	80070072-C10D-4025-9EDD-DE9F1AE6934B.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	1307155
    I had to use a couple of tools you don’t normally associate with assembling a smoker.

After about 1 hour 15 minutes, I arrived here.

Name:	46D603B1-44CC-4FEA-9A4A-D3ACDC80436E.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	1307154
    I also had to work on the door alignment for about 10 minutes because it was sagging on the right and didn’t make a good closure.

Comment

• Allon
      Allon commented
      Editing a comment
      Ouch... I hope you got some kind of satisfaction.
      It looks like a good unit though.

I can't wait to see what's comes out of it...

Looking forward to the cooks coming off of it.

Comment

Hopefully Pit Boss will take care of the damage for you. Congratulations on a new cooker

Comment

Congrats....it will be nice to get some extra space. Look forward to hearing and seeing how it works for you.

Comment

Ok Wayne. Now we are ready to see some food!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here