Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myron Mixon Q3 only the fan working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myron Mixon Q3 only the fan working

I need repair advice for my Q3 that has failed me today when I really needed it to work. It always has. I take perfect care of it. But today it showed what might be an error code. P2? But whatever...my Q3 isn't working. Fan comes on. But auger not turning and everything the pellet igniter/heater isn't getting hot. Really bummed. Haven't used this much, but it was expensive, so I'm definitely disappointed it's failed this soon.

Hmm. Don't have one of those but I'd try a) unplugging and replugging it in case the electronics are whacked and, while it' unplugged, make sure the augur isn't jammed. I imagine the igniter might not light if the augur isn't turning.

If you're on Facebook and there's a Myron Mixon group, post there too. And of course call them, though whether they'll be around now....

good luck!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

My first suspicion would be the controller since multiple components not working. I would definitely check for an auger jam like rickgregory suggested, but I don’t think many controllers are smart enough to know it’s not turning and consequently not fire the ignitor. Most of them are just timers to run it for X minutes when first turned on or until a certain temp is reached.

If there’s not a jam, you’ll probably have to check the back of the controller for problems. Did a wire come loose, did a fuse blow (though most only have one and won’t power in if blown). You might have to use a multimeter to check to see if it’s sending juice to auger and ignitor. It could be the hot rod out too, those can short when they fail causing other issues. You should be able to disconnect it and see if the auger starts running. If so, you can light manually until you find a replacement.

If you can confirm it’s the controller, the G3 appears to use an Ortech style controller. If it’s bad and you can’t get replacement, you might be able to replace it with a Ortech from Amazon or a Pellet Pro controller from Smoke Daddy Inc. They Pellet Pro has a great reputation and lots of Traeger owners have ‘upgraded’ their grills with one. Good luck and welcome to the pit.
        Last edited by glitchy; November 24, 2021, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Things always seem to fail when you need them.

Comment

Might be a fuse.

Comment

I do not have one of these. The only reference I could find to error codes was in the manual. Here is what an Er-2 says:

Er-2: Failure to Start Error. If the grill fails to reach 160°F within 30 minutes, the grill will automatically go into the Shut Down Cycle and Er-2 will be displayed until the power button is pressed.

Comment

When my fan comes on in my Grilla pellet cooker but it doesn't light and the auger doesn't turn, it's because the auger is jammed. This can happen from dusty pellets sitting there too long and swelling up in the humidity. That stuff can get hard almost like concrete. If you feel this is your issue, check YouTube for videos on pulling the auger out and clearing it. If your exact cooker isn't there, the principles from other brands would be the same. This might be what is needed, hard to say exactly though. This, although a huge pain, would quite likely be a better thing than fried electronics, since you can at least fix this on the cheap with a screw driver and elbow grease.

Comment

Looked at the diagrams of the Q3 on the Mojack site and then at the Mixon site. Internal design of electronics appears similar. The Mojack supplies a spare fuse on the rear of the controller if that is the problem. For a jammed auger this video from the Mixon site for their other pellet grills should help. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h-mgKC...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here