Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victory pellet smoker review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLB3
    replied
    Hello again! I wanted to provide you with an update to my previous post. Since that post I have cooked chicken wings, another whole chicken, meatloaf, and salmon. All with excellent results. Yesterday I decided it was time to try another rack of ribs. This time I nailed it! I trimmed a rack of St. Louis ribs (my favorite) and rubbed them with my go to for pork, Bad Byron’s Butt Rub. I used hickory pellets with a smok tube for this cook. I first smoked the ribs at 200F for 3 hrs. I then bumped the temp to 250F, wrapped the ribs, nd cooked for another 2 hrs. I then finished by unwrapping the ribs, coating them with a bit of Sweet Baby Ray’s Sweet & Spicy sauce and cooked until they passed the bend test (about 40 more minutes). I have posted a couple of pics bellow. They don’t really do the ribs justice. They were moist and tender, good bark, nice little smoke ring, and, most importantly, tasted great!

the more I use the Victory and hone my skills at pellet cooking, the more I really like this grill. I am anticipating many years of great service and a lot of wonderful food coming off of it. I recommend it without reservation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0F2373E7-F63F-48DC-B7CD-A22F77ADC95E.jpeg
Views:	1774
Size:	243.4 KB
ID:	1167788 Click image for larger version

Name:	B0A0D53C-AE2C-4758-80BA-B7DF97C15EB7.jpeg
Views:	1615
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	1167789

Leave a comment:

• CLB3
    commented on 's reply
    I do not believe the Victory will provide much of a sear. There is no option for a direct flame and it has an upper temp limit of 500F. That’s fine with me, for I did not buy it for that purpose. I have my Kamado Joe for searing. That thing is a searing machine!

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Would be curious to see what you think of its searing abilities!

• CLB3
    replied
    My new Victory Pellet Grill arrived last week. Very well packaged and easy to assemble. Very solidly built. It is a lot of grill for the money. I am new to pellet grilling, so still learning. So far I have cooked chicken, St. Louis ribs, and a Boston butt. The chicken was outstanding. Crispy skin, super moist, and a kiss of smoke. The ribs were a bit disappointing. A bit dry and lacking smoke. The dryness was my fault. The smoke I attribute to the pellets I used for that cook (Pit Boss competition blend) and that it is a pellet grill and does not put out the smoke that my Kamado Joe does. For the Boston Butt I used Pit Boss Hickory. Much better, but still a bit lacking in smoke. Super moist and tender though. Going forward I will most likely continue doing long cooks (Boston butts, brisket, etc) on my KJ. I have purchased a smoke tube and will be testing ribs more ribs next week using it and hickory pellets. And, of course, pay much better attention to my technique.

Overall, I really like the Victory and, as I gain experience, see it being used a lot for a wide variety of cooks. It is well built, super convenient, and the pellet hopper is huge (29 lbs). It holds the pit temp spot on and the food probes are very accurate (read the same as my calibrated instant read thermometer). I will post more after a few more cooks.

Leave a comment:

• edgrinde1951
    replied
    Thanks. Gives me something to think about.

Leave a comment:

• Max Good
    replied
    We will review Victory product ASAP but may have to wait until the new year. We may start with their gassers. I've overdosed on pellet grills once again.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    I do not buy the first generation of products. Let others work out the new product problems.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    replied
    Hmm. That Victory line looks interesting.

Max Good

Leave a comment:

• edgrinde1951
    started a topic Victory pellet smoker review

Victory pellet smoker review

Has anyone bought a Victory 35" pellet smoker? I am looking for a budget pellet smoker and am seriously considering either the Victory 35" pellet smoker and the Pit Boss 820. Looking for advice, reviews, comments, etc. Thanks.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here