Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ironside Cabinet Smoker - Sticks and Pellets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ironside Cabinet Smoker - Sticks and Pellets

This looks interesting

Thank goodness I can’t afford it! Looks like a lot of fun.

Comment

So if I am understanding this right, there is an open flame in the body of the smoker which the pellets get dumped into for the temp via a more or less direct vent. Then, you can set a split of wood on top of this ledge, which will smolder with the heat. And the food is on a grate above the whole operation?

The concept seems very close to the Smoke Daddy Heavy D.

The pics are not helpful.
      Last edited by STEbbq; September 30, 2021, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Interesting idea, but for non-fully-stainless.... those prices are WAY high. Also interested in how their controller handles going from a full log under pellets to just plain pellets for the rest of the cook.

Comment

IMHO, never buy a new to the market product. For example, Weber's smoke fire was of interest to me, but soon the flaws were apparent. Glad I waited and went with a Traeger pellet grill.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
            ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
            Editing a comment
            I generally agree with that philosophy but I find it doesn't apply as much for small batch production, and almost always applies to big corporate mass production products.

I like the idea of this, it checks many of the boxes.

Comment

Looks great but quite pricey and that’s b4 getting the pellet attachment.. I’m thinking they might want to reconsider

Comment

Would be interesting to see, but $6000 before shipping for smallest with pellet assist and cover though? I’m with ItsAllGoneToTheDogs that it seems pretty proud. I’m also curious how it works, when those logs light, your not even going to need pellets so you’d think the pot would flame out. Is it constantly relighting every time a log burns up?

Comment

For that price you could buy a mixon gravity fed and a fireboard. lots of other options at that price range.

stainless M1 etc

Comment

Way over priced IMO.

Comment

I just thought it was a good idea but it definitely needs to be proven to effectively work. I was looking at them for cabinet smokers a while back. They were one of the only ones you could use as a stick burner as well. Big heavy units but shipping was a bear. I went with Humprey's because I could drive there.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here