Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you are a member you must log in now. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would happen if I....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    commented on 's reply
    we love experiments here, plug a hole or two and see what happens... just don't do it with an expensive meal on the grates

• RDSBandit
    replied
    No, I'm not adamant about it or anything. I was just curious.

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    commented on 's reply
    My guess is you would cause flame out situations if you plugged all 4. If your intent is to get more smoke flavor, you have to augment the smoke with a smoke tube/tray or buy a better grill. That's not a knock on pit boss, but the cheaper pellet grills don't impart a lot of smoke, they do a pretty decent job at cooking with smoke below 250 though.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    replied
    Generally with pellet grills, altering airflow will greatly affect performance. Be it low or max temp, or increase/reduce temp evenness across the grill... If you are adamant about trying it, shove some foil in one at a time and log what happens? But I would guess they are there for a reason

Leave a comment:

• RDSBandit
    started a topic What would happen if I....

What would happen if I....

These holes are on the back of my Pit Boss smoker. I'm curious, what would happen if I were to plug 3 of them up? What if I left the farthest away from the fire pot unplugged?

What would happen if I plugged up all 4?
    Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebooks","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebooks\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-aa","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebooks\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-aa\/1157845-paid-members-download-our-6-deep-dive-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebooks\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-aa\/1165909-free-trial-members-get-your-free-deep-dive-guide-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebooks/free-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-aa/1165909-free-trial-members-get-your-free-deep-dive-guide-here