Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interestin Pellet Cooker Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interestin Pellet Cooker Review

Found this, while traipsin round through YT Land...thought it might interest some ya...

Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 15, 2021, 08:18 PM.

Never seen that guy before, he's fairly entertaining. Shame his only pellet experience is gonna be that Grilla knock off brand, but that experience is gonna be what the average person experiences, especially now that zgill is being sold in grocery stores.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      He has some purty kewl cook vidyas, an can be a bit too 'in my grill' at times, largely dependent on my own personal mood...

Nonetheless, I keep goin back there...

'Fairly Entertainin' is a good adverb, I agree...

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      He reminds me of a few people I know, great friends with interesting personalities... but if I saw them regularly, we probably wouldn't be friends still

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL, Brother...

If'n he was over here, Live, as a guest, jus might haveta preemptively give him a Generous crumbled sprinklin of 'Doggie Downers' , or summat, to prevent ear fatigue
      That bein said, I kinda (reservedly) like him.
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 15, 2021, 08:39 PM.

A fun video and about what I would expect. But I was not aware of the boat method...

Oh well, whatever floats your boat.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, been seein th foil boat fer a few months...

Might try it...
      Might not...

Most likely depends on how obstinate, recalcitrant, cantankerous, an ornery I might jus be feelin, at that particular moment in time...
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 15, 2021, 08:48 PM.

@Mr. Bones You Posted Good.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank ya fer them there Kind Words , Brother...

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      U B Welcome BBQ Bro

ok I’m skimmin’ need to go back an look at boat method

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy Hunting!

Watched that a few days ago to brother! Funny Funny we get sucked down the same YT rabbit holes!

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      I can not find the rabbit hole.
      I'm late, I'm late for a very important date.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Brother from another Mother!!!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 16, 2021, 10:48 AM.

That guy has just about talked me into trying to make sausage.

He has a video about himself, but basically moved to Austin out of college for the music business and fell in love with BBQ. He’s been the Pitmaster / Chef at a couple of places that have made the Texas Monthly list and he recently quit his BBQ job to weld up pits in his garage, which he was doing on the side.

Comment

Hmmm, use oak pellets and cook at 275, then keep saying it could be smokier. Obviously, what he hears about pellet grills is very limited Anyway, still a good video and he’s kinda entertaining, but I will need to ration the intake as I don’t think I could binge on his stuff.

What really caught my eye was the trimming. I’d feel so wasteful cutting that much meat off a packer. Though I’m guessing he maybe grinds up the trimmings.

Comment

• TxF
        TxF commented
        Editing a comment
        You would be guessing right, he’ll make some sort of sausage with those down the road. The last place he cooked at specialized in using the whole animal.

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, he also didn't really figure out the heat profile of his Z until it was like 6 hours into the cook. Like, maybe have it sitting in the right place from the jump. But also, dial that temp down, son.

• TxF
        TxF commented
        Editing a comment
        Most folks wouldn’t set up Fireboard thermometers on each shelf like I did my 1st cook on the pellet smoker. I going to give him the benifit of the dour and say he’s using it like most people would, Everyone here should probably be considered anal about stuff like that.

Thanks for sharing, brother. Interesting stuff! I find that I’m very much like him, I enjoy the pain and the struggle of tending a fire for a cook, but it’d be danged nice to "set it and forget it" every now and again. I will likely add a pellet pooper to the stable at some point.

Comment

I have never done a brisket, that made me wanna try one! Thanks Bonesy!

Comment

I have a pellet cooker that was just shipped. This helped me put it all into perspective. Thanks as always Sir.

Comment

• DavidNorcross
            DavidNorcross commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes....purchased a Grilla Silverbac

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Lookin forward to delivery, an subsequent cooks, Brother!

• Potkettleblack
            Potkettleblack commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome to the Jungle! #Grilla

Honestly, I'd be pretty happy if I got a jiggly brisket like that off of my pellet cooker. I've only done one, and this has me wanting to try again. I think I'd start at 180F for about an hour just to get a little more smoke on it. I'm guessing that was a pretty nicely marbled prime cut that he started with - musta helped!.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here