Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

built in pellet grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

built in pellet grill

currently using a reqteq 700 have had it three years no complaints. we are building an outdoor kitchen with a grillworks asado grill and i need a new built in pellet smoker. My choices are memphis beal st. which isnt in 304 stainless or the coyote 28 inch no wifi. neither is perfect solution any thoughts

Originally posted by rsfinn View Post
    any thoughts
    Yeah ... rather than building in a pellet cooker, why not create a generous space into which a freestanding model (like your RT700) will fit. With pellet technology evolving so rapidly, I'd be nervous about locking myself into today's not-perfect solution and making it difficult to upgrade in the future.

Comment

MBMorgan I agree with the above. I also have an RT-700 and absolutely love it. But as noted, things are moving very fast with pellet technology and I see myself moving on from it somewhere down the road when something new and truly innovative ignites my MCS. However, I have alse seen postings on the Recteq owners site showing and detailing built ins of the 700.

Comment

There's another option than the 2 you listed, and sorta in the same price range since you won't need the cart... and it is still 100% USA made. Take a look at the MAK 3 star... A bonus is MAK usually makes technology backwards compatible so you can usually upgrade features.

But, like MBMorgan said, you already own a pellet grill you like. Why not just build a U shaped counter for it to live in?

Comment

On the one hand I agree with MBMorgan as you'll have more flexibility. On the other hand, there never will be an end to "advancing technology" for the most part, so sometimes you just pick you point in time to do what you want to do. You could build the RT in without it's cart, but you'd want to be mindful of making sure you have access from underneath for the electronics and other mechanicals in the event repairs are needed.

As for your two choices listed you're correct on the Beale St. not being the better grade stainless. Also, most reviews on it are decidedly lukewarm while not being very explicit. I suspect that most of those comments are from folks familiar with the upper scale Memphis product and don't like how the cost cutting was done in both performance and quality.

The Coyote is legitimate in it's quality, and is all 304 so should maintain it's quality feel and appearance. The 36 inch would give you more grate area that would match your RT, unless you feel you need to go smaller. The sear function is legit and works as claimed, and the three levels are useful. The pellet storage is in a good place for a built in, but it's size could hold a challenge if you're going to be doing much with longer cooks on a routine basis. Not having the wifi is kind of a personal choice. Yeah, it's the trendy thing, and the remote operation sounds like it's useful, but when I had my RT with those features I found I rarely used it. But that's my style/habit, others vary I'm sure.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

I think using what you have makes the most sense. If you build the space so that the Retteq sits back an inch or two, you should be able to build a panel for the front that matches the rest of your build. And then, if something you really like comes along, you could build that in in the space you already have.

Comment

Here is another option - https://store.grillagrills.com/produ...alpha-built-in

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                Editing a comment
                I was assuming he wanted something stainless, because if not there are a few great options like the Grilla

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

I like the looks of Twin Eagles. Hard to find any reviews or even mention of them. Due to the price I assume but I still wonder if they are any good.

​​​​​​

Comment

thank you for the great responses. i agree that an area for a free standing unit is a great and more optimal solution but the wife acceptance factor weighs heavy. the kitchen is using danver/ brown jordan cabinetry and she wants a uniform look. The project has gone from the indulgence factor to the ok we are definitely over the top in cost. there is always new tech and in the future i can substitute either a memphis product or coyote. Once you enter the built in world you mostly have to stay within a specific set of measurements i.e. all under counter refrigerator companies have a 24 inch product 27 inches deep. I have decided to go with the coyote. When completed ill post pics. Hopefully it will be done mid september as there is a 12 week lead time on the cabinets.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
                    Uncle Bob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Don't know where you're shopping or live, but these guys offer no charge shipping and NO sales tax charged (unless in IL):https://www.bbq-authority.com/Coyote...ll-p/c1p28.htm
                    I also got a pop up on my screen that implied that if you called the price might be even lower than published.

Ditto on flexibility.
                  Hello from NW Oregon.

Comment

ok it has been about one year and the kitchen is done. the coyote smoker has proved to be great. it has quirks like all things. mostly runs a little hot but that is solved by using a themopen wired thermometer. the kitchen is fantastic. I have a grillworks architectural 36 inch wood burning asado grill, classic weber 22 inch kettle and the 28 inch coyote. gozney dome pizza oven coming soon.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                      Editing a comment
                      we'd love to see pics of the space, and also in action at some point

• RonB
                      RonB commented
                      Editing a comment
                      + 1 on the photos

rsfinn

Hi, I have a Grillworks Architectural on the way as well. Would love to see some pics of your outdoor kitchen setup. I am just in the process of final design stages of ours.

How are you finding the Grillworks Architectural 36? What are you general impressions and what is the learning curve like?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here