Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate MAKing decisions, but I ordered a new grill AND bought a new house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was still deployed when mine was delivered, I was so worried they would just drop in in the driveway and leave, but thankfully the driver helped my wife get it in the garage. My wife still says I was more excited to come home to the grill than to the girl... I knew better than to answer that wrong...

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      Both have all the same letters as least, gives you a little room to use a confusion excuse.

3 days to go, how you holding up glitchy?

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m doing alright, I think they may have shipped a couple accessories separately and I might not have the tracking info for the actual grill to know when it will be here.

Whoa whoa whoa.

Accessories? Which ones?

You are leaving our key details for those that plan to live vicariously though you.

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      I bought the Rosie add on, it goes to the store, buys the meat, seasons, cooks, rests, slices and serves it. It’s a new subscription model they are trying out on callers that seem gullible enough. Apparently, I did and it seemed like a bargain at $499.99/month.

You’re not missing anything exciting and will see soon enough. I always cover my grills and already mentioned I bought the MAK mobile module.

At the current shipping speed, I might have my new cooker by the 4th of July. It's made it 76 miles in one week with 1776 miles more yet to go Guess I shouldn't have made a joke in another thread about horse drawn wagons as that appears to be the shipping method used for my grill.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Horse drawn wagons are sooo 18th century. They’re using that new fangled Pony Express.

• rwalters
      rwalters commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s not a MAK thing... it’s a FedEx/bad weather thing. I have a couple of items en route and they are taking waaaaay longer than normal.

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      rwalters I'm not blaming MAK for it at all. I heard they had a pretty bad ice storm last weekend, but for a place that gets ice storms for it to sit still for a week seems odd. I used to love FedEx as they used to deliver a day or two early more often than late, but they've struggled since the pandemic hit. All kinds of late mail order meat deliveries last summer for Pit brothers and sisters.

Well at least you'll have something to celebrate for on the 4th.

Comment

Look for a new thread soon

I’m tired as it’s been a long day. I may have cracked the straps on the pallet at noon and finally gotten a burn in started at 7:45 PM. Only thing I’ll give away right now is that I made the mistake of saying yesterday that I’ve never had something happen before and now I can no longer say that.
      Attached Files

Comment

• willxfmr
        willxfmr commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm guessing it was either a pot fire due to numerous failed ignitions. Or, tinkywinky got caught in the door. For your sake, I'm rooting for the former rather than the latter
        Last edited by willxfmr; February 24, 2021, 10:11 PM. Reason: Post, then proofread. That's how I do ti

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        willxfmr Nope and thank goodness nope. Also, love the edit comment, I have that same disorder.

• GolfGeezer
        GolfGeezer commented
        Editing a comment
        glitchy Thank God it at least arrived! I was going to start a "Search and Rescue for Glitchy's MAK" GoFundSomething to hire thugs to track it down. Can't have our resident MCS Pit Reviewer stressed out like this...

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here