Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate MAKing decisions, but I ordered a new grill AND bought a new house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate MAKing decisions, but I ordered a new grill AND bought a new house

I'm excited...
    rickgregory really got me thinking and I decided to go all in and I just pulled the trigger on a new MAK 2 Star and had an offer accepted on a new house at the same time. I really hope I can take possession of my new home before the grill gets here so I don't have to move that beast of a grill.

Pics of the new house: https://www.amazon.com/Pets-Imperial...pplies&sr=1-23

A little detail on how I came to this decision:
    I said I would walk through my thought process for how I chose a particular premium pellet grill, so here’s basically a summary of what I did and the factors that helped me make the decision for ME: Besides made in USA, which all of these pits are (to the best of my knowledge): Why I chose: MAK Top 3 reasons why: 1.
    Last edited by glitchy; February 9, 2021, 08:04 PM.

Ha! That’s pretty funny. Congrats on the new 2 Star. Great choice.

Comment

So, that's where you will be receiving your mail for a while huh? It's insulated and I hope it is wind proof as well.
      Last edited by ofelles; February 9, 2021, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Polarbear777
        Polarbear777 commented
        Editing a comment
        Was thinking the exact same thing. At least it can be warm inside.

Congrats!!!!

Comment

Excellent! Just a note that you need help assembling that grill, and the new house.

PS. Where’s the car port?

Comment

Smaller house so you can have more patio space for cookers??

Comment

• glitchy
            glitchy commented
            Editing a comment
            My dream was always a house with a garage 3 times the size of it...figured if setup right, there'd be a lot of patio around the garage so I could wheel cookers in and out.

• Old Glory
            Old Glory commented
            Editing a comment
            glitchy My dream house would have 3 car garage and a stand alone Barn I convert into a mancave, bar, indoor/outdoor kitchen and BBQ Pit.

Ha Ha! Congrats on the new MAK!

Comment

Could always use the box the Mak comes in...

Comment

• glitchy
              glitchy commented
              Editing a comment
              Dang it! Why didn't I think of that, it probably would have saved me a couple extra lashings for spending even more.

Pellet storage.

Comment

That house would be an upgrade for Panhead John.

Comment

Man, I was enjoying all the drama surrounding what you were going to buy. Now we have to wait for this to arrive.

Good job! Congratulations!

Comment

Here ya order a Mak & ya go ahead send us pics of yer new house. Who gives a rip about any old house. We better see pics of the Mak & plenty of em. BTW, I see they have one house left. Mebbee I could order it & then we could start a neighborhood Er sumthin.;

Comment

• glitchy
                    glitchy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    With the two of us startin it, we could definitely lay down the association rule that you have to be 'certified' to live in our hood.

• bbqLuv
                    bbqLuv commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I live in a neighboring state, is that close enough?

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    "Certified" nuts

Good man. You showed her who's boss. And now that you're both clear she is, you can settle into that nice new house.

Comment

Make sure you use the pallet the MAK comes on to make a door for that house

Comment

RonB Ain’t nothing wrong with my basement Ron. I think you’re just jealous. I just put in a wine rack in the back.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Panhead John; February 9, 2021, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
                        Panhead John commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Boone’s Farm Strawberry Hill, Mad Dog and Thunderbird are the only wines that will be gracing my wine rack. The low fat Boone’s Farm is for Mom. But I can’t drink tonight. Gotta get up early tomorrow. Gonna blow some popcorn texture over the ceiling insulation. Spruce the place up a bit. This weekend I’m getting a couple of new bean bag chairs and a lava lamp. Then I’m gonna pick out some new shag carpet. Hopefully they’ll have the lime green I like so well.
                        Last edited by Panhead John; February 9, 2021, 08:42 PM.

• Clark
                        Clark commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Panhead John Does Mommie let you drink in her house?

• SmokingSteve
                        SmokingSteve commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Panhead John, I don't think a bunch of old industrial size toilet paper roll cores would do a good job, but you make them look almost snazzy there!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here