Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodbye Weber SmokeFire, hello MAK 1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye Weber SmokeFire, hello MAK 1!

Looking forward to my MAK 1 Star with Flame Zone, which is scheduled for delivery Monday. Coincidentally, this is also the day the SmokeFire will be picked up for return to Weber (very sad, indeed). As has been mentioned in other topics in this forum, there is not a lot of current information to learn about MAK’s (not that they’ve changed a whole bunch). I’m hoping to have the time to put a few video resources together. Happy grilling. 😊
    Last edited by Goldenbear; February 22, 2020, 08:46 PM.

Congratulations on the new cooker. I’m sure you will enjoy the new one.

Comment

Congrats on the new toy.

Comment

Excellent! I think you are going really enjoy how well the MAK performs especially with the Flamezone upgrade. I love my MAK 2 Star - same size and innards as the MAK 1 Star with the exception that the 2 Star has the roaming thermocouple, meaning the TC can be placed next to where and what you are cooking.

Comment

• Goldenbear
          Goldenbear commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! According to the following, the MAK 1 Star also has the roaming TC: https://makgrills.com/products/the-n...-have-arrived/. Given the similarities between the 1* & 2* what sold me on the 1 was the fact that it _didn’t_ have a stainless exterior. Looks great, but I’ve been a slave to my Weber Summit gasser to keep it sparkly. 😊 I added all the shelves as well. Can’t wait for it to arrive.
          Last edited by Goldenbear; February 22, 2020, 12:12 PM.

I also have a MAK 1 Star. There's virtually no learning curve.... they are the embodiment of set it & forget it. Congrats!

Comment

• Goldenbear
          Goldenbear commented
          Editing a comment
          Cheers! I’ve been reading / watching everything out there which, I can tell by your avatar, included some of your videos. 👍🏼

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          This man can cook and his family eats while he is trying to film. If he vouches for it, you know you have done well.

Congrats! You’re going to love it!

Comment

• Goldenbear
          Goldenbear commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

Seems like a better choice to me. Congrats on the new rig. Make sure to let us know what you think! (With pics )

Comment

• Goldenbear
          Goldenbear commented
          Editing a comment
          Can’t wait. Thanks!

Congrats on this. From what I read you are definitely going to enjoy this.

Comment

• Goldenbear
          Goldenbear commented
          Editing a comment
          Appreciated. Yeah, it’s an investment, but a valuable one.

Congratulations! Looking forward to your review.

Comment

Now you can move on with pellet cooking. Congrats on that new toy in transit. I'm eager to hear your report as you put it through its paces. Enjoy!

Kathryn

Comment

• Goldenbear
            Goldenbear commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you!

Checking in on how's it going with the new MAK. I'm considering getting a MAK 1.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here