Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got my new Mak 2 Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on your new 2 Star and welcome back to the family

Man, you didn’t hold back on the accessories... and I thought I was bad... lol.

If you do much grilling, you’re gonna love the sear grate. I actually bought 2 of them as I have a large family and more often than need the entire cooking surface. Tonight was grilled chicken salads...
    Attached Files

Comment

• 2for66
      2for66 commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful! My mouth is watering

Your story is so reminiscent of my MAK purchase. I had proscrastinated for way to long as I was having trouble deciding between the MAK and a Yoder YS640. I know, life must be tough. Anyway what sold us was a trip to Dallas to see the operation first hand, meet the family and take a tour. The folks there go well beyond the calling to make sure the customer is treated with respect, appreciated and has all their needs met. Even though I didn't ask for a specific number, I was also compelled to leave there with the back of my pickup being put to the use it was intended for. Congratulations.

Comment

I got my Mak 2 Star mostly assembled on Sunday with a lot of help from my son. Here are some pics for the day. The pictures may have loaded a bit out of order
      1. The first picture is everything but the smoker box lined up on the floor of the garage. The grill body was still in the back of the car.
      2. The first step is to get the leg panels on.
      3. Then the backsplash
      4. With my son's help we got the grill body on. Getting it bolted in was a bit of a challenge - we had to jostle things to get the holes to line up on all four corners. The instructions do say to not tighten the leg assemblies and backsplash to allow for the adjusting.
      5. After getting the warming box on, we moved it up on the deck and put in the shelf and door.
      6. Ready for duty. I almost hate to get it smoky!

I still have to install the Mak Mobile module and get the smaller handles in. I spoke with Caleb first thing this morning and he is sending me replacement washers for those smaller handles which I either misplace or weren't included.
      Attached Files

Comment

Lookin’ gooooood!! I hear ya about not wanting to dirty it. Trust me though, it’s well worth getting her dirty

Comment

• 2for66
          2for66 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m burning it in now and the smell of hickory smoke assures me it will all be good.

• rwalters
          rwalters commented
          Editing a comment
          I see a Weber Summit in the background. Nice grill! Will that be your primary "grill" or do you see the MAK taking over some of the "grill" duties in addition to low n slow? I was really surprised at how much I ended up liking my 2 Star’s grilling capabilities!

Originally posted by rwalters View Post
        Lookin’ gooooood!! I hear ya about not wanting to dirty it. Trust me though, it’s well worth getting her dirty
        My hope is to get down to just one grill (I also have a Weber performer!) If the Mak grills as well as I expect it too, I'll free up some space on the deck. The Summit is great for grilling but it just didn't fare well with the smoking duties I assigned it.

Comment

• rwalters
          rwalters commented
          Editing a comment
          When we moved into our current home, which unfortunately provided me with a smaller cooking area, I decided to sell every cooker I had with the exception of my 2 Star and large propane griddle. Did all of my cooking on the 2 Star for over a year. Last year I decided to add a Weber kettle for those days that I get the charcoal itch. That said, the MAK is my daily driver and could easily meet all of my cooking needs if I did not have the Weber.

• rwalters
          rwalters commented
          Editing a comment
          ...but the griddle, that’s another story. I love LOVE griddle cooking

My hope is to get down to just one grill
        One grill!!!! If you get down to one grill, we may have to expel you. Or you will win the monthly drawing. One grill

But, if you do get down to just the Mac, it is sure a pretty machine.

Comment

Just completed the first, seasoning, run. Oh, that smell of wood smoke, how I've missed you.
          I haven't used hickory before - mostly sticking to oak and apple, but it came with 20 lbs of hickory. Love the smell; I'm adding it to my tool kit.
          Attached Files

Comment

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            Is that a rib rack on that top grate?

• rwalters
            rwalters commented
            Editing a comment
            Solid 304SS. They are nice!
            Cook up to 8 slabs of baby back or spare ribs at one time with our high-quality stainless steel Rib Rack.

• 2for66
            2for66 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes it is a rib rack. Mak throws one in if you are close enough to buy one at the factory and don’t have to have it shipped. Buying at the factory also brings a cover, an upper grate and 40 lbs of pellets.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here