Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mak 2 Star Remote Boss v Mak WiFi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mak 2 Star Remote Boss v Mak WiFi

I’m excited about the newest edition of the Mak 2 Star. Improved heat zone make push me over the edible. The Remote Boss is $400 and the Mak Mobile is $300. Do the two accessories perform the same functions - like defining cooking programs and monitoring temps? I’ve used a Remote Boss before; the videos of the Mak Mobile look like its great.
    What considerations are there for deciding on one or the other? To me it seems like the Mak Mobile has more features and is $100 less that the Remote Boss. That makes me think I’m missing something.

Thanks

The Remote Boss uses Bluetooth technology whereas the MAK Grills Mobile (MGM) uses WiFi. If you would have asked me not that long ago, I would have steered you away from the MGM. That is no longer the case as MAK has the MGM pretty dialed in now and the "disconnect" issue that used to drive many MAK owners bonkers has been resolved. I recently sold my 2017 2 Star and bought the 2019 model. Assembled it last weekend. It has the WiFi as well, and I have put it through its paces this past week. I love it (grill and WiFi)!!!

Comment

• 2for66
      2for66 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good stuff. I’ll look at the searing grate. I’m lucky I live in Portland. This week I’m going to drive down to the Mak factory to chieck them out.
      One thing I’m going to check out how hard it is tok configure it for dual zone cooking - I have. a pressed chicken that cooks with the breast on the cool side and the thighs close to the direct flame. I guess thatk’s pretty self explanatory. Anyway, I’m looking forward to checking them out this week.
      i appreciate your taking the time to respond

• rwalters
      rwalters commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! Take some pics while you’re there and share with us... would love to see what you see! Tell the guys there "hi" from me

-Robb

• 2for66
      2for66 commented
      Editing a comment
      Will Do!

Originally posted by rwalters View Post
    The Remote Boss uses Bluetooth technology whereas the MAK Grills Mobile (MGM) uses WiFi. If you would have asked me not that long ago, I would have steered you away from the MGM. That is no longer the case as MAK has the MGM pretty dialed in now and the "disconnect" issue that used to drive many MAK owners bonkers has been resolved. I recently sold my 2017 2 Star and bought the 2019 model. Assembled it last weekend. It has the WiFi as well, and I have put it through its paces this past week. I love it (grill and WiFi)!!!
    Thank you! That’s just the info I’m looking for.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here