Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mini MAK has finally been unveiled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mini MAK has finally been unveiled

Mini-MAK - MAK Grills - 503-623-1234

Unfortunately, it's kinda heavy and VERY expensive. I feel bad for these US manufacturers, material prices are through the roof and they don't do the quantity to be able to keep prices down much.

I do like the add on box they sell for it which brings the cooking area above most non-portable pellet grills. I would guess this would be a great grill for the cabin, or motorhome...

I suspect at the price point they are gonna have to rely on reviews for sales, so maybe Max will get to play with one soon

Agree with everything. That is a no-compromise solution for a (kinda) portable MAK. Basically a 1/2 size 1 Star.

Comment

Oh my. $2500 smackaroos? Same price as a One Star?! Dang.

Comment

• Goldenbear
        Goldenbear commented
        Editing a comment
        Right. Strapping my current 1 Star in the back of my rig will cost much less. 😉

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        Goldenbear there's a few folks who made a hitch mount for their MAKs and then fabbed something to replace the factory cabinet to get the base of the grill chamber off the ground a bit for cooling purposes

I’d have to think that all the stainless steel is what pushed the cost to equal the 1 star? That’s a hard one for me to understand, but then again I’m not the target market.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        yes, US sourced steel price is through the roof and IMO quality is down. A friend that does fabrication said he's been having QC issues with US and overseas stainless metals rust spotting before he even cuts or welds. But I agree the mini would be a strong contender for much more folks at around 1800 which is what I'm guessing the price would have been 2ish years ago.

• Andrrr
        Andrrr commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh I hear what you’re saying, it’s really tough times all around and dealing with the supply chain just sucks. They know their market and I wasn’t in it before so no surprise I’m not in this one either, lol. I'm sure it’s built like a tank and the material selections were done to ensure this guy lives up to their well deserved name. ItsAllGoneToTheDogs

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here