Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aftermarket waterproof cover for MAK Two-Star w/front Shelf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket waterproof cover for MAK Two-Star w/front Shelf?

What aftermarket waterproof grill cover works and fits a MAK Two-Star with front Shelf?

The Seattle/Tacoma area is experiencing heavy rain and yet another atmospheric river of moisture is forecast for the weekend. Some refer to it as a Pineapple Express. I thought that was something you smoked.

The MAK cover isn’t up to the task. Has anyone found a specific manufacturer and model that is waterproof and fits the Two-Star with front shelf? I have the All Stainless but the size should be the same.

I would consider a custom cover if anyone can recommend a company to work with.

Thanks,

Just spray it with camping waterproof spray and give it another chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs View Post
      Just spray it with camping waterproof spray and give it another chance.
      I can try that but I prefer something a bit more substantial. I've only had the grill and cover for around three months and while I love the 2-star, I am underwhelmed with the cover. After drying the cover during a short break in rain I noticed the thin, light material already has a small hole, likely caused by the sharp SS edges.

I vacuumed out the pellets, dried the grill inside and out, dumped the grease tray that was filled with water, and put the cover back on. I may need to roll it around the house and store it in my garage. I never even think about it with the Lynx.

The difference between the MAK cover and my Lynx cover is night and day. The Lynx is a heavy vinyl type cover with a felt type liner and zipper. The fit is the shape of the grill, not a tent that is too short, especially with the 5 inch casters I added.

Thanks.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        FWIW the grease tray fills with water where I'm at regardless of the cover, condensation forms on the inside of the grill with our weather certain times of the year even without rain. Never had any issues with snagging thankfully. But I have the super smoker box cover on my SS MAK which my only disappointment is the lack of straps as I'm in a windy area.

These guys will customize:

Shop outdoor furniture covers to provide the utlimate protection to your Patio Furniture. Keep your tables, chairs, cushions, couches, cars, pergolas & grills protected with Covers & All USA.

Comment

• xaugievike
        xaugievike commented
        Editing a comment
        this x1000. had them make one for my primo in the table I built for it. excellent product.

• Midway
        Midway commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I requested a quote from them and Alco custom covers. I had already requested a quote from a company and I can't remember who but the form looks the same as covers and all. Only Alco sent a confirmation they had received the request.

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        You may need to call. I had issues with the website submittal as well.

Another vote for coversandall.com. I have four of these, two are standard, two are custom. Three are coming up on 5 years, the other is 3 years. They are wonderful!

My dad has a few as well, custom built for what he has. You can’t go wrong!

Comment

I received a custom cover from ALCO today. It is a substantial thick vinyl type material. I hope the creases from being bundled so tightly for shipping will relax. It is a little bit long. My 5" casters will catch it if I don't hold the cover up a little in the direction I am rolling. If I put some bungee or something through the grommets and cinch up it should be fine except once the creases work themselves out it may get even longer. Any suggestions on what I should use to run through the grommets? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MAK_Custom_Cover_1.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	1175169

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
          Editing a comment
          550 cord, and maybe a pressure clip like on a hoodie.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here