Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 14 years, it was finally time to get a new smoker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Bein a Seabee, I never even, in 8 yrs US Navy Service once trod upon th deck of a USS; we were delivered by Air Det, ie:Herky Birds, Shithooks, Hueys, when things was tight...later on, some Blackhawks, too..., "First To Go, Last To Know "
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 6, 2021, 01:48 PM.

• T-bone
    commented on 's reply
    I can't take credit for it. I saw it in the MAK Facebook group and was real happy with how simple and good it was. Vary the seasoning and you can totally change the flavor profile to match whatever you want.

• T-bone
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks and take the plunge. I'm a big fan of how easy and quick it is to use a pellet grill.

• T-bone
    commented on 's reply
    Bubbleheads are...uh...special.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Bubblehead...

• T-bone
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks and I did get the blank flamezone pan. I have a Napolean gasser, so I’ve never even installed the original flamezone pan.

• T-bone
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, Shipmate. Mr. Bones It was great to have Seabees on det with you. If you needed something fixed or built, it could be arranged with a few cases of beer or a couple of bottles of hooch. Always enjoyed working with Seabees.

Thank you for your service as well.
    Last edited by T-bone; September 6, 2021, 01:02 PM.

• cgrover60
    replied
    Nice idea with a rub on smoked cheese. Wish I had thought of that.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    Great right up and pictures! I hope you enjoy that cooker for many years to come, and thank you for your service.

Leave a comment:

• Greygoose
    replied
    WOW,,,,great pics and great write up,,,,
    U certainly take breaking in a new cooker seriously,,,πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Leave a comment:

• das85
    replied
    That is an awesome break-in! Congrats on your new smoker and spectacular first cooks, sounds like you have great times ahead.

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    commented on 's reply
    There's an early gen 1 star in excellent condition for 600 bucks in PA for sale. Won't be a great griller like the newer ones, but should pump out excellent smoke for a pellet grill... or a certain someone has a very upgraded newer 2 star for a lot more half a days drive away

• Whiskeyman53
    replied
    Great write up as well as pictures. It looks like you have set the bar pretty high.

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    replied
    Hearing posts like this makes me revisit getting a pellet smoker.
    Thanks for the write up πŸ‘and giving me that itch again 😬😁

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    commented on 's reply
    glitchy I want it, I don't need it... and I'm saving up for the super smoker box that is insanely expensive... but ya never know, I can hide the blank flame zone purchase a little easier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here