Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 14 years, it was finally time to get a new smoker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome aboard the MAK train. Did you get the blank flamezone pan (no removable covers) I can't tell from your pics? I often consider adding that to my arsenal since MOST of my cooking on the MAK is not grilling.

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      I ordered that within the first month of getting mine.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      glitchy I want it, I don't need it... and I'm saving up for the super smoker box that is insanely expensive... but ya never know, I can hide the blank flame zone purchase a little easier

• T-bone
      T-bone commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks and I did get the blank flamezone pan. I have a Napolean gasser, so I’ve never even installed the original flamezone pan.

Thanks for your service! My supervisor was a Chief Petty Officer and did some time on subs.

My truck is a 2007, DON'T GIVE IT ANY IDEAS.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Bubblehead...

• T-bone
      T-bone commented
      Editing a comment
      Bubbleheads are...uh...special.

Hearing posts like this makes me revisit getting a pellet smoker.
    Thanks for the write up πŸ‘and giving me that itch again 😬😁

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      There's an early gen 1 star in excellent condition for 600 bucks in PA for sale. Won't be a great griller like the newer ones, but should pump out excellent smoke for a pellet grill... or a certain someone has a very upgraded newer 2 star for a lot more half a days drive away

• T-bone
      T-bone commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks and take the plunge. I'm a big fan of how easy and quick it is to use a pellet grill.

Great write up as well as pictures. It looks like you have set the bar pretty high.

Comment

That is an awesome break-in! Congrats on your new smoker and spectacular first cooks, sounds like you have great times ahead.

Comment

WOW,,,,great pics and great write up,,,,
        U certainly take breaking in a new cooker seriously,,,πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Comment

Great right up and pictures! I hope you enjoy that cooker for many years to come, and thank you for your service.

Comment

Nice idea with a rub on smoked cheese. Wish I had thought of that.

Comment

• T-bone
              T-bone commented
              Editing a comment
              I can't take credit for it. I saw it in the MAK Facebook group and was real happy with how simple and good it was. Vary the seasoning and you can totally change the flavor profile to match whatever you want.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here