Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a new toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a new toy

Upgraded to the new all stainless 2 star. Got more room for jerky in the process as well

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210702_195920.jpg Views:	17 Size:	1.84 MB ID:	1053989Click image for larger version  Name:	20210702_195952.jpg Views:	17 Size:	1.94 MB ID:	1053988Click image for larger version  Name:	20210702_200706.jpg Views:	17 Size:	2.67 MB ID:	1053992Click image for larger version  Name:	20210702_201300.jpg Views:	17 Size:	3.04 MB ID:	1053991Click image for larger version  Name:	20210702_202534.jpg Views:	17 Size:	2.01 MB ID:	1053990

In just 2 years MAK has actually made quite a few changes... The grease tray has been modified, the flame zone has been reinforced, the angle seems slightly more aggressive for grease runoff,, and the newest firmware seems to be producing VERY good smoke at up to 450 F and actually producing smoke over 550. It's not manufacturing oils either as this was an hour after doing the burn in which is only supposed to be 30 min.

Oh and the user manual is GREATLY improved (and pimps out Amazing Ribs as a must use resource )
    Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; July 2, 2021, 08:50 PM.

Very nice. Congratulations!

Comment

Boyz and they're toyz....nice looking rig, look forward to seeing what she'll do.

Comment

Very nice, and congratulations on the new cooker.

Comment

I'm more than a little jealous. She's a beauty.

Comment

I second, third, fourth, and fifth the above sentiments.

Comment

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              DITTO

Congrats! I can’t wait until mine gets here.

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Congrats! glitchy will be proud, and we will all be over on Sunday...

Comment

I just want to see you run both in series and sear at 1000 degrees Glad to see you finally got it. I know they’ve been way behind. Don’t put toys in the bottom of the cook chamber though like your PC.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                    ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                    Editing a comment
                    lol, I had reached out to MAK before I pulled the trigger so there's a chance I got in line before I put the order in I could run them in series I suppose, but I'll let the 3 star owners play that game

Fun at your house this weekend...for sure!

Comment

Wow. Nice new toy. I bet the older MAK is envious of its shiny newly-upgraded brother who will now get all the love.

Enjoy your cooks on that new baby.

Kathryn

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                      Editing a comment
                      well, the other one is moving to the garage so I can fully clean it and get it properly listed for sale, so it won't have to be envious too long

Congrats!

Comment

Totally jealous! I think my 3 year old MAK 2 Star is giving me the stink eye as I look at your new rig - gonna have to give it more love. BTW, I see you did not get the front shelf. No that useful for you?

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                        Editing a comment
                        I never found the need for one, the hopper lid and the warming box lid have plenty of real estate. Though now with all these extra shelves to juggle I may build a steel tabletop onto my deck rail.

Two of them. Now I be Jealous.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                        Editing a comment
                        one is listed in the for sale section... so hopefully I'll only have 2 for a little while longer. Gotta get 'er cleaned up and posted on marketplace or something soon I guess too.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here