Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compare el patron vs adjustable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compare el patron vs adjustable

All, I’d like some advice on which LSG to get. I am comparing the patron and adjustable, having decided that a Santa Maria grill won’t be ideal just north of Chicago.

I don’t smoke that much, but mainly grill a lot and also make pizza in my inside oven. I she a big green egg, but would like to do more with a grill that can adjust the coal/wood height.

I don’t mind tending a fire and want to cook with more wood. I’m not sure the patron can really do pizzas well given my experience making them. I’ve gotten pretty good with an inside oven, and it’s critical to manage temps above and below the pizza.

I welcome any ideas and experiences. I do really like the LSG brand from everything I have read here and researched. Thanks in advance!

I have a Pitts & Spitts adjustable grill which is very similar to the LSG adjustable. I too like to grill and enjoy the ability to raise or lower the fire to my liking. The lid also allows you to cook in an offset manner once your food has been grilled. I've seen the Patron and the little door they made to shove a pizza into the cooker. Kind of a gimmick really but I'll bet it works just fine. I can get my grill with the lid closed well up to 700*F which is more than adequate to cook a pie. Probably have to go through a learning curve.

Feel free to call Chris at LSG and he can give you the skinny on which unit to choose. Good luck !!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here
    2024 Weber Contest