Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picking up the baby on Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picking up the baby on Friday

The wait (https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-while-waiting) is over. LSG got my 36" pellet smoker ready and I go pick her up on Friday. 8 hour round trip, but still saving a ton over shipping. Excited.

May have to pick up some bags of pellets from them while I am there. Anyone have thoughts on the BBQ Delight brand of pellets in different flavors?

Very cool. I’m excited for you. Be sure to post notes and photos of your experiences so the rest of us can live vicariously through you!

Although I love my Recteq, the LSG is definitely a step above. Maybe someday……. 🤷‍♂️🙄

Oh, and no experience with the bbq delight pellets.

Comment

for awhile we had a BBQ delight dealer in my city, sadly they no longer carry the line. I liked their products, very little sawdust in the bags and lower ash remaining from some of the other brands. Overall I thought they were a good product and well worth trying in your new grill

Comment

Congratulations on your new smoker. I’m looking forward to pics of it cooking away.

Comment

LSG FTW!!!!!!!!

congrats and enjoy that sucker this weeekend!

Comment

• Nightrayne
            Nightrayne commented
            Editing a comment
            That is definitely the plan for this weekend!

Sounds like fun! Congrats!

Comment

I just burned through a 20lb bag of BBQers Delight Cherry, They smoke a little better than some other brand Cherry pellets I've used, but the big surprise is after 20lbs and 25+ hours of cooking the only thing I cleaned between cooks was the firepot, there's so little ash compared to most brands. I'd honestly use them more often if I could get 'em local, but I don't like paying $1 per lb with shipping when I can snag a 40lb bag of Smokehouse from Sams club that smoke really well and aren't too ashy for 12-14 bucks a bag.

Comment

• Nightrayne
              Nightrayne commented
              Editing a comment
              I was going to try the Sam's club Smokehouse as well. Sounds like they are worth trying out

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
              ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
              Editing a comment
              Nightrayne depending what other pellets you have in your area, IMO the Orange Bag Smokehouse (not a fan of the blue bag) are the best everyday pellet. I do pony up and get BBQers Delight or certain Lumberjack flavors for special occasions (for Thanksgiving or Christmas type meals)

Congrats on the new smoker!

If you have an Academy in your area, I seem to recall that the B&B pellets they sell may in fact be made by BBQer's Delight. They sell a 40# back of competition blend pellets for $20ish that seems to be a good deal.

Comment

• Nightrayne
              Nightrayne commented
              Editing a comment
              We do have Academy around here, and I actually got a bag of B&B Competition blend before I knew they were BBQ Delight. Looking forward to trying them out.

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Nightrayne I dug back through old posts and confirmed that the B&B Championship Blend is indeed made by BBQ Delight, in an old post from 2019 by our very own CandySueQ of BBQr's Delight and KCBS fame. I am not sure its the same as the competition blend from BBQr's Delight, but at least it is there pellets, or was in 2019.

Pellet Grill for the win, the thrill of victory.

Comment

Congrats !!
              I use BBQers Delight pellets exclusively. Burn good and low ash.
              Post pics when you can.

Comment

Congratulations on your new cooker. I have one on order and should be here by November/December time frame.

Comment

• Nightrayne
                  Nightrayne commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They actually completed mine about 2-3 weeks earlier than their original estimate so maybe you will get a nice surprise!

• rlozinak
                  rlozinak commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That would be nice

Gratz on getting the new cooker.

Comment

Congrats on the new cooker. I am also lookin' forward to some photos.

Comment

• Nightrayne
                    Nightrayne commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I took a bunch of pictures during the initial cleaning and seasoning. Was thinking about doing a first impressions type post after a cook or two.

New Cooker ...pretty exciting times

Comment

Congrats on the new cooker! Looking forward to photos in action..

I love BBQrs delight and have tried most of the flavors...to my surprise, sassafras has been a consistent favorite (along with the cherry/pecan mix, and straight up oak). Recommend giving that a shot!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here