Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking on the Lone Star Grillz 20x36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work here. Thank you for sharing!

Comment

willxfmr , thank you for updating us along the way. I am seriously considering one of these. The thing I can't find on the internet is the capacity of it. I do alot of pork butts for family and friends throughout the summer. Approximately how many pork butts do you think you can stuff in there?

Comment

• willxfmr
        willxfmr commented
        Editing a comment
        If I had to guess, you could get at least 3 or 4 on the bottom rack, and another 3 on top. These are the numbers listed on the LSG website for this cooker.
        Total cooking area: 1062 sq/in. on the 36'' smoker
        Weight: 395 lbs 52'' wide, 63'' tall, 34'' deep
        36'' smoker-Bottom grate: 20.5" x 29.5" Top grate: 15.5" x 29.5"

• Sdell
        Sdell commented
        Editing a comment
        LSG lists capacity for the 20x36 offset on its webpage. The offset cook chamber is the same size as the pellet version.

Overall Dimensions: 35" depth x 59’’ width x 63’’ height 1/4" thick fire box 3/16’’ thick cooking chamber Single Door Main Chamber: 20" x 36" Square Firebox Dimensions: 20" x 20" x 18" Product Details: 2 sliding/pull-out food trays framed with angle in the main chamber 1 17.5" x 19" sliding/pull-out food tray framed wi

I have the LSG pellet pooper as well, and did not realize how well it produces smoke. My first effort with smoking chicken turned out some greatly oversmoked breasts. The first time I smoked chicken breasts I added extra smoke using a tube smoker and wood chips, and that resulted in chicken that was greatly oversmoked. On the next cook with chicken I didn’t add any additional smoke, and it turned out fantastic. I also noticed the significant difference between the Set Temp and the temp at grill level, and chalked it up to an error with the probes. But now I see how you managed that temp differential on your LSG and can change my ways taking that difference into account. Some great write ups!

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome Woolly999!

• willxfmr
        willxfmr commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice to hear from another LSG pooper owner. Welcome to The Pit!

As spring starts heating up, it would be great to see some cooking updates with the LSG pellet smokers. I thought maybe LSG would be cranking these bad boys out quicker as they got a bigger facility in November and maybe they were catching up on orders, nope. Minimum 18 week wait. I will pretty much miss the summer smoking season and need some LSG content to feed the beast, haha

Comment

Even running 350° for just over an hour, the LSG pooper puts out enough smoke to add a nice smoke flavor, and a small smoke ring on a meat loaf. Click image for larger version

Name:	16612991960801646914740959345668.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	1280168

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          I've always admired the subtle smoke ring of meatloaf. My first smoke on my COS was meatloaf with 100% mesquite chunks. That cook led me to amazingribs.com

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here