Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Flag

She said yes, but only if I add on to the deck and we stay here in California. Confounding woman!!

Congrats and give the good lady my best wishes.
    Christmas is sure a wonderful time of the year when things like this are authorised.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes indeed, brother.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Mike, that retirement savings account….what’s that acct. number?

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Write this down John, it's 86753O9E-EINE

You hit the jack pot, more deck & a new cooker! Score!

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, except for that "staying in California" part. I was really looking forward to emigrating to America, but a LSG pellet pooper and dedicated outdoor cooking area should assuage my grief a bit. We do live in a little slice of Heaven here so it doesn't suck too badly!
      Last edited by CaptainMike; November 30, 2021, 04:04 PM.

Congrats! She's definitely a keeper. The Great State of Jefferson is better than the bay area!
    Remind me which it is you're getting.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll be shooting for the 42" pellet pooper to sort of match the LSG stick burner. With those 2 and the WSCG I will actually start to pare the collection down a little.

Congrats, Cap'n! The new LSG and deck extension sound awesome ... and there are far worse places than deepest, darkest, Northern CA from which to enjoy them.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      You are correct, Sir!

Now ya got me jealous Mike. 2 LSG's Whoohoo. Congrats my friend.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't recall which member posted a pic of his LSG offset and pellet rig side by side, but it really caught my attention! Someone from FLA, I think.

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Redwng
      Last edited by STEbbq; November 30, 2021, 01:06 PM.

Forget the LSG, lets hear about the deck extension! From past photos your existing deck is already the size of a pocket aircraft carrier’s deck. Are you going to extend it to Oregon or Idaho? 🙂

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Hilarious!!! My deck is only 32' x 16', but looks bigger with the vaulted ceiling. The addition will be something like 15' x 10', so it is definitely growing. We were at some friend's house last Friday and they have a nice outdoor kitchen area that Collette and I really liked so we're making similar plans. Keeps me busy and out of trouble so I'm not complaining.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Just think Mike, if y’all did move to Texas, you’d be that much closer to me! Tell Collette that, probably a big selling point.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Donw - my question, too! Ha

Life is a trade off, but you do have tough choices...

Comment

So you proposed and she said yes? Congrats!

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Indeed she did! Again!

That's a great blessing to have and excited for you. Have you seen anything for information about the LSG pooper? I know there's several out there, but at least the forums have been pretty quiet for feedback on them.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        There's starting to be a bit of chat on the LSG FB page. Everyone that has one loves it. One fella posted today he couldn't tell the difference it makes on a brisket vs. his LSG offset. That's a pretty good comparison. Dang things ain't cheap, but it would be a pretty nice bookend for my offset with the WSCG sandwiched in between.

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Show some love to that Santa Maria, too

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        That liddle SMG ain't goin' nowhere tbob4!

Did we scare Collette that much?

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Not even close, brother! She wants to work a few more years to bump her retirement up, and she has a pretty good gig out here.

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Texas is too flat. Enjoy those views of Mt Shasta!

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Every day, Brother!

My LSG 20x36 pellet cooker has performed really well, even did an overnight brisket that the bark and flavor turned out fantastic. I have done a spatchcocked chicken and turkey, pork butts, spare ribs and salmon and all turned out very good. This cooker has really delivered. When I did the chicken and turkey I was pretty amazed to get smoke out of the stack with the temp set at 350....unheard of on a pellet grill. My old Rec Tec stopped getting smoke out of the stack around 250.

If I ordered one again I would get the 12" wide front stainless steel shelf, the standard stainless one is 10". It is usable but the extra 2" would be a nice to have.

I hear LSG is getting better at lead times too. Let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you RW, I will.

Damn you CaptainMike
      Now you got me thinking.....If I get rid of my Klose grill and replace it with an LSG Santa Maria.............damn it!

Comment

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Santa Maria? Santa??? It's almost Christmas? It's a SIGN!

I ordered my 36" LSG pellet pooper on Sept. 3rd and I'm still waiting to hear that they have started building it. So, if you want it by spring, you best get hopping. That doesn't count the time I spent on the waiting list before I could even place the order. That added another three or four weeks.
      Last edited by willxfmr; December 2, 2021, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here