Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Grilla page!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Grilla page!

I can't believe I am the first to post on this channel, where are all the other jungle members at?

I will join in. Had not seen this before, but i love my Grilla.

Comment

😎👍

Click image for larger version

Name:	54C1729B-233C-4047-9F2E-F0822908EAB6.jpeg
Views:	489
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	754005

Comment

I don't care for the sectarianism among pelletheads, so was not clamoring for a Grilla specific section, even though the Trager folks demanded one. Pellet cooking is pellet cooking, do we need a specific Grilla channel?

Comment

• Randy-Phx
          Randy-Phx commented
          Editing a comment
          I own a Camp Chef. Oh sorry, wrong thread.

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Augers are augers, burn pots are burn pots. There are a couple style of controllers, a couple odd configurations like the OG, but otherwise, a camp chef recipe works on a Grilla and a rec Tec on a Pitts and spitts.

• GirlGrilling
          GirlGrilling commented
          Editing a comment
          Potkettleblack — sectarianism. Heh. Frankly I think it’s verging on secularism — but that’s just me.
          ; )

ORIGINAL DIGITAL VS. PID — IS THE PID REALLY SUPERIOR?

Hello, Grilla owners. I understand Grilla rolled out its Alpha Smoke control box w/in last year or so, which includes Grilla’s original, digital controller and a PID. This is the only maker I know of that offers both options in one control box.

Question: have you played around using the original, digital controller and comparing those results with what you are getting with the PID? If so, did you see different results in quality of smoke, smoke flavor, or meat tenderness? For those with original digital controllers, have any of you tried a PID mod, and which did you prefer?

I learned on the old digital and recently switched to the PID. Am noticing significant differences (decline) in smoke quality and smoke flavor, as well as meat tenderness, w/PID. Absence of temp swings that comes w/the PID has, at least for me, not turned out to be the bees knees. Wondering if any of you have experienced this or experimented w/original digital vs. PID? Many thanks.

Comment

• GirlGrilling
          GirlGrilling commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee, I will check your review stat. Thx

• GirlGrilling
          GirlGrilling commented
          Editing a comment
          MtView, that’s exactly what I’d do. Let the meat smoke naked for 3-4 hours and then wrap.

• GirlGrilling
          GirlGrilling commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee, excellent review. Informative & logical. Thx for link. My favorite excerpt:

"As a safety precaution, Silverbac will shut down automatically if the cooking temp drops below 110° or above 610°F."

That was the problem w/my older-model Traeger — it did NOT shut down when it went below 110 & then it would rain pellets, driving the temp up to a dangerous KABOOM high. Once I learned to "alarm" for the drop on my Smoke (happened @ every 4 hours) I could preempt it, but it was a major pain ITA

Potkettleblack You're right, pellets are pellets. But, mods, problems, accessories, and customer service are unique to specific makes and valuable I think. plus we're trying to feature a lot of common brands under the different grill and smoker channels, that way when a new person comes here to read about their particular grill they have a great chance of finding it.

Comment

• GirlGrilling
          GirlGrilling commented
          Editing a comment
          No Grilla mods? Forgive my mistake, since I was the one who posed the question. I assumed that many pellet grill owners w/original controllers — including Grilla owners — switched them out for PIDs via Smoke Daddy, et al.

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the second controller for the Grilla that came with it. I have no desire to go to the Alpha, but I guess that'd be a mod if I did. Do the comp wheels count as a mod (not that they have OG Comp wheels).

• GirlGrilling
          GirlGrilling commented
          Editing a comment
          Potkettleblack, please be patient w/me. God is not finished modding me yet — so it will be a while before my BBQ lingo is up to par.
          ; )

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here