Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tip of the hat…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tip of the hat…

To Grilla and my OG. I’ve posted several pix of my cooks this week on SUWYC. For the cook of the spiral cut ham, I got up early Friday to ensure it would be ready for an early lunch. It was in the teens here, so I gave myself some cushion. The Grilla worked wonderfully well. Once it came up to temp (250°), it was rock-steady. I was a little surprised, but very pleased. I coulda slept a little longer.

Good stuff. My ham did great in the Silverbac as well.

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      I have not made a ham in my Traeger yet, but it is in the works.

I smoked steak on my Grilla OG on Christmas night with ambient temperature of 2-7 degrees F. It performed wonderfully.
    The meat was then seared on my old Weber genesis on GrillGrates using the flat side.

Comment

• Soonerpop
      Soonerpop commented
      Editing a comment
      Meant to leave the below as a comment so you’d respond. Oops

How big were the steaks? How long was the sear on the GrillGrates?

Comment

• DrJimmy2112
      DrJimmy2112 commented
      Editing a comment
      Soonerpop Steaks were sirloin each 7-10 oz. Not the best quality unfortunately. I seared them 2 minutes per side. I was too slow to get them off and they ended up MW to my disappointment.

• Soonerpop
      Soonerpop commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Now you know.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here