Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Cook on Silverbac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Cook on Silverbac

Just did a seasoning burn and first cook on new Silverbac. Used B&B Championship blend ($17 for 40# at Academy). Used Pro (variable) vs PID mode to maximize smoke.

Picked chicken for first cook so I could try more than one recipe and cook at more than one temperature. Cooked Teriyaki Chicken Breasts, Scotch Eggs, Bacon and Chicken Kabobs, and Chicken Wings.

Started cook at 225 with just the breast, eggs and kabobs. After about 75 minutes, raised the smoker to 375 (only took about 10 minutes to go up) and added the wings. About 15 min later, pulled the breasts (at IT 160) and the eggs. Left kabobs on to crisp the bacon. Cooked another 20-25 minutes (flipping once) and then removed.

Very impressed with how even the heat was across the grate. Smoke flavor was typical of a pellet smoker. Am going to compare using CookinPellets Perfect Mix and a 100% Hickory pellet. Very impressed with operation of controller and responsiveness of smoker. Wifi application worked very well (felt like using a Fireboard).

Would highly recommend this pellet smoker. (I have a lot of experience using a Yoder 640).

​
    ​
    ​
    ​
    ​
    Last edited by jlazar; August 25, 2022, 10:23 PM.

I'd like a Grilla for single occupant meals.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Chimp!

No pics? 😱

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey! I was going to say that.

Aaaaaarrrrrrrhhhhh?

Comment

Got to agree. I have enjoyed my Silverbac.

Comment

Sounds like you are on your way! Congrats with the purchase. I love mine.

Comment

No pics,,,,
          WT,,,!!!!

Comment

I love my SilverBac also, they're a great machine. Your grill must have been loaded. I run at 180*F for the first 30 minutes for a little more smoke the turn it up to 225*F to finish off the cook. We think this works better than picking mode 2. Then I throw it on the GrillGrates or pull out my torch for the reverse sear. You'll have lots of fun with it.

Comment

• jlazar
              jlazar commented
              Editing a comment
              I only used the main grate. I did four different things but not in great quantities. I will try starting at 180.
              Last edited by jlazar; August 26, 2022, 07:18 AM.

I am a Grilla fan. Since I got the Bronco the Chimp hasn't gotten much love. Going to have to change that. Where are the pics though? Did this really happen?

Comment

I uploaded again. Hopefully, you can see them now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chicken Wings.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	1281476 Click image for larger version

Name:	Scotch Eggs.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	1281474 Click image for larger version

Name:	Bacon and Chicken Kabobs.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	1281475 Click image for larger version

Name:	Teriyaki Chicken Breasts.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	1281473

Comment

• jlazar
                jlazar commented
                Editing a comment
                (Continued) Put on a cooking mat or cooling rack and place on smoker. You want a smaller grid than the normal grill grate. Smoke at 225 for about an hour. You want the sausage IT to be 160-165. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later. If refrigerated, cut into quarters and put in microwave for 45-90 seconds depending on your wattage. Can also be eaten cold if out camping or walking.
                Last edited by jlazar; August 26, 2022, 08:04 PM.

• wag
                wag commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks "jlazar" on the Scotch Eggs info

also found this ----> https://meatwave.com/recipes/smoked-...e-sauce-recipe

• jlazar
                jlazar commented
                Editing a comment
                wag Looks good but I think the sausage layer would be too thin. One pound for 4 eggs didn't work for me. That is why I am going to change to 3 eggs. These things are intended to be a meal by themselves.

jlazar, Everything looks perfect. Well done… You know what I mean.

Comment

Congrats, good job.

Comment

I love mine, congrats!

Comment

Congratulations on your first cook. Food looks amazing

Comment

Thanks to all for the comments.

Comment

• Soonerpop
                        Soonerpop commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Breasts boneless-skinless?

• jlazar
                        jlazar commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, boneless and skinless. Just marinated in Kikoman Teriyaki for 4 hours, No basting once cook started. Came out very moist.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here