Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could you check your Grilla's AlphaConnect firmware version for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you check your Grilla's AlphaConnect firmware version for me?

Hey all,

Grilla and I are still troubleshooting my wireless issues. There is a suspicion that this is a firmware issue and that my AlphaConnect may not be on the latest and many not "realize" it is not on the latest. (The most recent firmware, 1.2.0.80, supposedly fixes a number of wireless issues.)

Here is how you check your firmware and you can do it from the app. You don't need to power the grill on.

In the app, tap the gear icon in the upper right. This will give you your grill's details screen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-5628.png
Views:	427
Size:	293.2 KB
ID:	1212336

You'll see your firmware version on the right. As you can see mine is the older one, 1.0.3.

Name:	IMG-5629.png
Views:	418
Size:	422.2 KB
ID:	1212337

The way the firmware upgrades is supposed to work (according to Grilla's software contractor) is that if it realizes there is a more recent firmware, a new option will appear in the app to allow you to upgrade your grill.

Has anyone ever seen or used that option? Also, are yall on a later firmware than I am for the AlphaConnect?

My OG is on the same firmware version.

edit: I'm on Android .
    Last edited by tdimond; April 26, 2022, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Would if they would ever make a standalone Alpha Connect upgrade for the Grilla OGs.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you have Wifi with that, or just the Alpha upgrade?

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Both

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        D'oh, I missed the pre-order window for the upgrade... And now they don't have the inventory of boards to sell the upgrades... DOH!

Funny enough, Wife and I are going to Holland for a short get away in a few weeks. Probably stop by the showroom.
        Last edited by Potkettleblack; April 27, 2022, 09:30 AM.

Same firmware as well.

Comment

Name:	DD6F279A-E4B8-474C-8A0B-F8AE11821925.png
Views:	408
Size:	349.3 KB
ID:	1212479

Comment

Just checked. Running the same version as you. Not having any issues. A side note that also may help. I recently switched from an Android to an Apple (after alot of family pressure). Have not had any issues with either operating systems.

Comment

Interesting. I wonder if my Grilla support rep was mistaken about what the latest firmware is. (Their AlphaConnect software guy is not in house, which is normal.) Either that or none of our grills are updating.

Comment

mine is also 1.03, i dont see an option to upgrade and i have had no connectivity issues at all.

Comment

Although if you click the hamburger menu feom the home screen i have a different version number but i dont know how/if the two relate or even what the version number represents

Name:	3EB53021-48B2-494F-A084-B2B5573A1FCF.png
Views:	381
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	1212600

Comment

• grantgallagher
                  grantgallagher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Michael_in_TX i just realized the 1.2.0.80 is NOT the firmware. Its the app version. Check to make sure you are using the latest version of the app. As far as i know there hasnt been a firmware update past 1.03 yet
                  Last edited by grantgallagher; April 26, 2022, 08:29 PM.

grantgallagher Yep! You figured it out! The grilla support rep is getting confused between the firmware on the AlphaConnect and the app version.

And I am certainly on the latest app. At least I now know I am up-to-date in both places.

Back to the drawing board as it were.

I either have a failing component, or my 2.4 GHz local environment is just filled with interference. I wish I knew why this all worked flawlessly and perfectly and joyfully for 45 days before going nuts on me.

(By coincidence I happened to watch a Yoder Smoker video and I noticed that on their grills -- which cost a bit more than my Chimp! -- they all have external wireless antennas.)

Comment

• grantgallagher
                  grantgallagher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Michael_in_TX do you have a dedicated 2.4 network set up where you can change the channel and maybe find one with less interference? I run a google mesh network that does it all by itself. my guesses would align with yours, increased interference or a failing board. The other thing i would try just for curiosity and testing purposes is to make a "guest" network if you have that option, dedicate it to 2.4 and connect the chimp and only the chimp to that.
                  Last edited by grantgallagher; April 27, 2022, 08:29 PM.

What are the issues you’re having?

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
                  Michael_in_TX commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wireless dropouts, as reported in the app. Usually the grill will drop out early in a cook and I have to use the control panel for the rest of the cook. I can't turn the grill on remotely without unplugging it for three minutes and plugging it back in. I have a 2.4 GHz extender five feet from the Chimp and while the connection has improved, the problems persist.

• radiodome21
                  radiodome21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep. I’ve had issues as well. About once a month. It usually happens when I either start or shut down the grill. I then unplug, remove the grill from my app and start all over.

• Michael_in_TX
                  Michael_in_TX commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, there is indeed something about unplugging the grill, letting it sit for a moment (capacitor draining?) and plugging it back in that resets it. And then going through the setup procedure again always makes it work. Still trying to figure out what to make of that.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here