Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took the plunge in to the pellet world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radiodome21
    commented on 's reply
    I had issues with their probes too. They replaced the one I got and that still didn’t work. I would literally unplug the probe that went into the grill and then ply it into my thermoworks chef alarm and it would readjust to the correct temp. Very strange. For whatever reason is never went about 140. I emailed them and they had me put it in a cup of ice water then plug it in which seemed to work and I haven’t had an issue since.

• Bad Hat BBQ
    commented on 's reply
    Nice Rig
    Look forward to seeing how your ribs & other Q turns out....I am sure it will be AWESOME
    I have only cooked on an Okie Joe; alway wonder should I venture beyond a decent COS

• grantgallagher
    replied
    Quick update, so far the OG has been a beast, love it. One complaint, the meat probe is off a solid 20 degrees from my thermapen which makes me wonder about the ambient temp probe, will need to throw my smoke/signals in there soon to check.

Leave a comment:

• grantgallagher
    commented on 's reply
    ive got some big beef chuck ribs thawing in the fridge for thursday and some bacon curing for friday. gonna be some delicious days.

• smokenoob
    replied
    Looks like a lava lamp or I’m havin’ a flashback……what’s the first cook?

Leave a comment:

• Sid P
    replied
    Congrats, interesting looking smoker! I’ve seen references to them, but don’t recall seeing a pic, so I’m off to do some reading. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    Congrats! I am sure you are gonna love it. Plus the Grilla guys are top notch.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Could be even more worse, I am a Lion's fan

• DaveD
    replied
    I'm a rank beginner (I've done just nine smokes thus far, not counting batches of bacon) so I have no basis for comparison between various smoker types. But I settled on a vertical pellet smoker (Pit Boss Copperhead 5) when diving in to the world of smoking meat. Before I became a full-time bureaucrat, in my lab science career I did high-temperature and -pressure experimentation (simulating how planets work on the inside), and in that game the ability to consistently impose uniform conditions that can be precisely controlled is paramount. In researching the various options, it was an absolute no-brainer for me to go that direction and I'm delighted I did. I would get really frustrated really quickly if I had to be futzing with the fire to maintain temp.

Leave a comment:

• radiodome21
    commented on 's reply
    Could be worse…….I’m a Bears fan.

• grantgallagher
    commented on 's reply
    Not sure id deface it with a giants logo these days, lol

• ssandy_561
    replied
    Congratulations! I love my OG. Many great cooks are in your future. Make sure you customize it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A414D331-EFC0-4539-B5D8-1AC745A6A13D.jpeg
Views:	193
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	1134543

#GoBills

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Awesome. Looking forward to hearing how you like it!

Leave a comment:

• grantgallagher
    replied

Name:	DCBEF2F1-48C5-4958-AB51-F673B0686449.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	1134418 Burning in now!

Name:	36A979DF-9A38-441B-9323-3F7E2A3581EB.jpeg
Views:	206
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	1134419

Leave a comment:

• RickyBobby
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks STEbbq, I’ll have to check that out also!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here