Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took the plunge in to the pellet world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got one last year and it’s a blast to use during the work week. I’m WFH a few days a week and it’s super easy to manage a long cook even between meetings and calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_in_TX View Post
      (And why are they always back-to-back?)
      Because working from home just means you have more time to work, lol

Comment

Congrats, an best wishes fer many enjoyable experiences with it, Amigo!

I ain't never done heared me one bad word spoken against th Grillas, an several Members here who I hold in Very High Regard have em, use em, an Love em.

Comment

Sounds great. I’m envious, and that will be my next one.

Comment

Congrats. This is the one that I have been wanting for a while as well. A lot depends on how the MB560 meets its eventual death I guess, and whether I replace it with another one or upgrade to the Grilla OG. I thought about a PK360 as well, but the Akorn does everything that I'd like the PK360 to do (low & slow/sear with more control over the fire), so the Akorn will probably be replaced with another Akorn.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DCBEF2F1-48C5-4958-AB51-F673B0686449.jpeg
Views:	196
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	1134418 Burning in now!

Name:	36A979DF-9A38-441B-9323-3F7E2A3581EB.jpeg
Views:	196
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	1134419

Comment

• Bad Hat BBQ
                Bad Hat BBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice Rig
                Look forward to seeing how your ribs & other Q turns out....I am sure it will be AWESOME
                I have only cooked on an Okie Joe; alway wonder should I venture beyond a decent COS

Awesome. Looking forward to hearing how you like it!

Comment

Congratulations! I love my OG. Many great cooks are in your future. Make sure you customize it.

Name:	A414D331-EFC0-4539-B5D8-1AC745A6A13D.jpeg
Views:	184
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	1134543

#GoBills

Comment

• grantgallagher
                  grantgallagher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not sure id deface it with a giants logo these days, lol

• radiodome21
                  radiodome21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Could be worse…….I’m a Bears fan.

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Could be even more worse, I am a Lion's fan

I'm a rank beginner (I've done just nine smokes thus far, not counting batches of bacon) so I have no basis for comparison between various smoker types. But I settled on a vertical pellet smoker (Pit Boss Copperhead 5) when diving in to the world of smoking meat. Before I became a full-time bureaucrat, in my lab science career I did high-temperature and -pressure experimentation (simulating how planets work on the inside), and in that game the ability to consistently impose uniform conditions that can be precisely controlled is paramount. In researching the various options, it was an absolute no-brainer for me to go that direction and I'm delighted I did. I would get really frustrated really quickly if I had to be futzing with the fire to maintain temp.

Comment

Congrats! I am sure you are gonna love it. Plus the Grilla guys are top notch.

Comment

Congrats, interesting looking smoker! I’ve seen references to them, but don’t recall seeing a pic, so I’m off to do some reading. Enjoy!

Comment

Looks like a lava lamp or I’m havin’ a flashback……what’s the first cook?

Comment

• grantgallagher
                        grantgallagher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ive got some big beef chuck ribs thawing in the fridge for thursday and some bacon curing for friday. gonna be some delicious days.

Quick update, so far the OG has been a beast, love it. One complaint, the meat probe is off a solid 20 degrees from my thermapen which makes me wonder about the ambient temp probe, will need to throw my smoke/signals in there soon to check.

Comment

• radiodome21
                        radiodome21 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I had issues with their probes too. They replaced the one I got and that still didn’t work. I would literally unplug the probe that went into the grill and then ply it into my thermoworks chef alarm and it would readjust to the correct temp. Very strange. For whatever reason is never went about 140. I emailed them and they had me put it in a cup of ice water then plug it in which seemed to work and I haven’t had an issue since.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here