Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took the plunge in to the pellet world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the plunge in to the pellet world

Ordered a Grilla Alpha OG with the intent of it replacing my kettle for weekday cooks. Im now permanently working from home (company policy) so ive been doing more long cooks but im in meetings almost all day and have found myself multiple times unable to reload or tend to charcoal for a period of hours due to back to back meetings. Still gonna break out the kettle for weekend smokes but i guess we shall see how this goes.

We bought a Traeger at our Lakehouse last year, and I thought it was a good smoker to have a shared house especially to be used by people who aren’t really familiar with smoking or using a smoker. I ended up really falling in love with the simplicity of a pellet smoker so that was why I bought my Silverbac this spring. I still have my WSM too which I’ll be using on Thursday with my Silverbac.

Comment

Welcome to the lazy side... I mean dark side

Comment

Welcome to the pellet world. I absolutely love mine. (See avatar). It cooks terrific food every time (unless I do something stupid) and is so easy and reliable.

Comment

Dollars to doughnuts you will enjoy your pellet grill.
          This morning at 5:15, it was 35*F outside when I fired up my Timberline 850, 15 minutes later it was up to 225*F, turned on super smoke mode, Pork Butt in.
          Last edited by bbqLuv; November 21, 2021, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Congrats. GG! The OG is an excellent pellet rig and I hope you thoroughly enjoy yours from the get-go.

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of pellet cooking

Comment

one of everything I say, you are right on track!

Comment

Good call, very convenient, I use my old pellet pooper often. I'm kicking around the idea of the LSG PP, but my old Traeger just keeps on keeping on. That, and I have little confidence in the current economy, so we're laying low money-wise.

Comment

I recently went back into the pellet world and have not regretted one moment. It works for some and others not so much. For me and my schedule it is perfect. Have not had a bad cook from it yet. Congrats

Comment

Pellet cooking for the convenient win!

It's almost to easy.

Comment

I would be years behind in outdoor cooking experience if I didn’t get into pellet grills, they made life so much easier chasing two kids different directions and over past couple years have gotten a lot of weekday longer cooks like you mention. The other thing that’s great is when you need another oven or don’t want to heat up the kitchen, they can cover that too.

Comment

Originally posted by grantgallagher View Post
                          Im now permanently working from home (company policy) so ive been doing more long cooks but im in meetings almost all day and have found myself multiple times unable to reload or tend to charcoal for a period of hours due to back to back meetings. Still gonna break out the kettle for weekend smokes but i guess we shall see how this goes.
                          I'm starting to go down this line of thinking as well. When I first went remote, I was all excited about to smoke more.....but, you're right....can't tend to charcoal when you're in hours of back-to-back Zoom meetings. (And why are they always back-to-back?)

Comment

Someday I too hope to add a pellet rig to the stable. I just can’t afford anything right now and will probably end up with a super entry level rig. Enjoy that OG!

Comment

• RickyBobby
                              RickyBobby commented
                              Editing a comment
                              SmokingSteve , thank you for the heads up, sir! I had no idea!

• STEbbq
                              STEbbq commented
                              Editing a comment
                              RickyBobby I believe Grilla also offers vets discounts/goodies but you’d have to call to check what the current deal would be.

• RickyBobby
                              RickyBobby commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thanks STEbbq, I’ll have to check that out also!

Congrats. New toys are always fun.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here