Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alpha Connect Any Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha Connect Any Issues

So I upgraded my control board and cooked a beer can chicken no issues at all. Go to fire up the grill the following weekend to cook a tri-tip and grill won’t get above 95 degrees. I was like something isn’t right here and I shut it down and took it apart to find the fire pit filled with pellets it was actually overflowing. Cleaned everything out and put it back together and tried again. This time the temp climbed up to 220 ish and then just kept falling. I shut it down for good and fired up the charcoal weber as I was having company and decided to deal with this later. I called customer service and by the way Mark has always been 1,000% excellent to deal with however this guy they had working there was annoying me cracking stupid jokes, being sarcastic it was actually getting annoying. Long story short he said what you are experiencing are bad pellets. I said okay thank you and hung up because I could not take another second with this clown. The pellets are solid and dry and the previous cook was not an issue. I am going to empty the bin and clean everything out but has anyone experienced this, I know this is kinda new so maybe not. Thank you

A lot of good advice and related links on this thread so plenty of things to try. I would also try Grilla customer service again or maybe email them for suggestions if you are still stuck.

Has anyone with a grilla OG had any issues getting it up to higher temps? I bought this a few weeks ago and I have been completely disappointed so far. I get very little smoke flavor and tons of ash at any temp (low or high). The smoker has a very difficult time reaching anything over 275, and doing so requires opening the

Comment

Thanks will check it out

Comment

I have a Silverback and while I never had those issues I have had a few. I always email them because at least everything is documented. I have also sent pictures too. On Friday I decided to email them about the front tray I bought. It’s not on straight and one of the side support bars always drops a little. I emailed them pics of that and with my my level on it to prove I’m not an idiot (at least about this) and they replied almost immediately with a suggestion that has so far worked. I had some issues with my meat probes stalling at low temperatures and sent them pictures as well. They emailed me right away with some suggestions that also worked.

Comment

• gmascolo51
          gmascolo51 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had the same problem with the front shelf. Mark and I went back and forth at least 10 times with suggestions, parts, etc… Finally I drilled out the threaded grommet and put a nut and bolt, you can stand on the shelf now lol. Mark was so nice about it even sent a gift card for all the problems. That was really nice and he didn’t have to do that.

gmascolo51 - If your Grilla worked ok with the old controller and with the same pellets (I rarely believe the "bad pellets" excuse), then it sounds like your ignition sequence is wonky ... either due to a defective Alpha Connect (which would be unusual because they test every one they send out) or due to something trivial like a loose connection. I'd start there ...

Comment

• gmascolo51
          gmascolo51 commented
          Editing a comment
          The really odd thing is first cook with the alpha connect was flawless. When I clean this thing out I am going to drop that panel and make sure all connections are tight and wires ok. I did zip tie everything nicely so who knows maybe loose connection.

I just installed the Alpha Connect on my Chimp a few weeks ago. After buttoning everything up the auger would not work. So I took it all back apart and found that the plug was not seated tightly. This time I started it before I put it back together and it worked fine. No problems since. I would take it apart and check all of the connections again. Even run it up to temp before putting it completely together if possible (I could do that on the Chimp). And try customer service again - every time I have contacted them they have been great to deal with.

Comment

I agree with others. I would either email or call their support back. I have not had any issues at all. However, each time when I have reached out to support with questions they have been great. Hopefully this is isolated for you.

Comment

I’m the type to try and troubleshoot first, I just happen to get this annoying guy lol just my luck

Comment

I've had a few issues with grilla support too. I agree with others that you may want to check your work on the board. It may be that you had a loose connection or switch that disengaged after your first cook.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here