Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilla Outdoor Kitchen Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilla Outdoor Kitchen Review

Click image for larger version  Name:	7F06F71C-7E05-4AAB-9E55-BC317D66E343.jpeg Views:	24 Size:	3.93 MB ID:	1099816 We redid our patio last year and expanded it a little so we bought new patio furniture and realized we needed some more outdoor stuff. I told my wife that Grilla makes an out door kitchen and she said, "So buy it."

I pulled it up online and she liked it. I didn’t really about it too much but she was right in that we needed something. I have a dedicated cabinet for my BBQ stuff that wasn’t really convenient, my grilling tools were spread all over and my WSM stuff and pellets for the Silverback were in the garage. I pulled the trigger on Saturday in August. I did the ribs on the WAsm and the silverback will be used for homemade pizza to go along with it. We redid our patio last year and expanded it a little so we bought new patio furniture and realized we needed some more outdoor stuff. I told my wife that Grilla makes an out door kitchen and she said, "So buy it."

Interestingly enough I happened to be driving to Grand Rapids Michigan the day after I purchased it for work and I drove right by Grilla’s headquarters in Holland Michigan. I thought about stopping by and just to check out the kitchen to see if I made the right call. But I knew it would be awesome so I passed. Got to beat that Chicago traffic.

it took about a week to get here because it’s shipped all the way from Texas. When the freight company called me they said that it weighed 450 pounds. It came in three large boxes on top of a pallet and that gave me a great excuse to finally go out and buy a dolly. This thing is built like a tank. It was easy to put together and it’s a great purchase.

This thing is very solidly built and it is probably one of the best purchases I’ve made this year. Some people Think that the drip tray access is a little tight, and they could be right but I don’t know as it hasn’t been an issue for me yet. Other than that I can’t think of anything else that be considered a con.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AEB92E2F-2C43-479D-883E-F8950195F0BC.jpeg Views:	25 Size:	3.75 MB ID:	1099813 Click image for larger version  Name:	2BB9DE15-A37D-4A14-ADBA-C3A6FF04C409.jpeg Views:	24 Size:	4.27 MB ID:	1099809 Click image for larger version  Name:	2B7C6E59-1059-43DB-A0CF-0D8870007DE1.jpeg Views:	23 Size:	3.12 MB ID:	1099810 Click image for larger version  Name:	8E37E717-7683-47BD-87B8-C180315377AB.jpeg Views:	23 Size:	3.51 MB ID:	1099811 Click image for larger version  Name:	1FB2203B-CB6D-4702-B603-4327C6B9853C.jpeg Views:	23 Size:	3.68 MB ID:	1099812 Click image for larger version  Name:	D2C4C2F9-FA3B-439B-A25F-969EB7265E3D.jpeg Views:	23 Size:	3.91 MB ID:	1099814 Click image for larger version  Name:	103D71CB-BE65-424E-9CD4-68D9EABA2CDA.jpeg Views:	23 Size:	3.94 MB ID:	1099815 Click image for larger version  Name:	475D7BD0-D57F-41B6-8C1B-8D53681B6484.jpeg Views:	23 Size:	4.27 MB ID:	1099817 Click image for larger version  Name:	FED11A0E-AB47-48AA-A97D-A83737579E06.jpeg Views:	22 Size:	4.46 MB ID:	1099819 Click image for larger version  Name:	02820432-5EB5-4B9B-A22B-A437EF765868.jpeg Views:	25 Size:	6.14 MB ID:	1099820 Click image for larger version  Name:	838281CE-3968-43E8-A6B2-F1A85145EB27.jpeg Views:	25 Size:	4.17 MB ID:	1099818
    Last edited by radiodome21; September 24, 2021, 06:32 PM.

Very nice set-up and write up. Thanks.

Comment

Very Very nice indeed.

Comment

Just ignore me as I live through you vicariously!

Definitely a setup that I would like to emulate. Great review.

Have you ever thought about adding the Grilla Kong module?

Comment

• radiodome21
          radiodome21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Perhaps down the road one day. When I bought the Silverback I wondered if I’d stop using my WSM. Glad to say no. Used both yesterday and it was windy here in the Chicago burbs. I had a BGE at a rental house in Florida a few years ago and I didn’t like it. Of course had I bothered to actually research how to use it I’m sure I would have loved it.

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, if I ever had the space and money, the grilla kitchen would be my pick too.

Great review. Shame on me for not doing the same. You beat me to it and did a better write up than I would have. Sure not going to try and steal your thread but I also recently did the very same. Started out with the Silverbac and ended up purchasing the Primate as well. Very very happy in all areas so far. Great product, solid build and very responsive service.

We moved to a new location a year ago and also wanted to revamp our cooking area. This setup was exactly what we were looking for.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by DavidNorcross; September 24, 2021, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s really a nice set-up!

• Deeremaxx
          Deeremaxx commented
          Editing a comment
          How do you like your primate? Everyone dings it on the shallow hood.
          Dave

• DavidNorcross
          DavidNorcross commented
          Editing a comment
          Deeremaxx I really like it. Very versatile as a griddle because of the cover, but I also have the 2/3rd's griddle which allows me to also use the grill. I also dinged it at first because of the hood, but it is a griddle first. If I need to cook something taller I use the smoker.

Nice looking setup!

Comment

Very nice write up and photos, much appreciated. Enjoy, and greetings from the county!

Comment

Ok, every onced in awhile some one hems & haws & asks fer help to pick & buy a grill & "what’s the best one & what do ya think" kinda stuff AND this dude goes out & buys a kitchen. Well ding dang & shake the ash from my basket. Rill nice goin there radio, rill nice!

Comment

Those are really nice setups. I wish I could say I was going to go out and do the same...

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I never knew Grilla made these!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Nice! Looks like I'm not done buying BBQ stuff yet........

Comment

Wow! Great looking set up.

Comment

Very nice!!! I need to look into something like this. My deck is a mess lol

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here