Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grease Bucket/Can on Grilla Pellet Smokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grease Bucket/Can on Grilla Pellet Smokers

Hi all,

Still looking at the Chimp and I noticed it comes with a grease can holder and not a bucket. What have you found yourself using? A bucket....do you use liners? Soup cans in the grease can holder....?

See this for an easy way to line a grease bucket: https://youtu.be/6Tu7H1Yp2Bo
    Last edited by mgaretz; April 25, 2021, 09:17 AM.

Comment

That is a great video. So basic, I wish I would have thought of that earlier. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mgaretz View Post
        See this for an easy way to line a grease bucket: https://youtu.be/6Tu7H1Yp2Bo
        Using the bucket as a mold! That is brilliant!

Comment

I bought removable foil liners. I've only used one since last July, raccoons keep coming post smoke and licking things up.

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
            Michael_in_TX commented
            Editing a comment
            The environmentally-aligned solution.

I just use a soup can in the can holder and it works great.

Comment

The can holder can be nice as you just take the can throw it away and replace with another one. I did pick up a stainless drip bucket somewhere but I cannot remember where from. It’s nicer than the thin tin ones on most pellet grills and doesn’t leak.

Comment

People have found out that the soup can will overflow on longer cooks with big meat loads. I easily got more than a soup can worth of grease from my brisket cook this week, would have overflowed onto the deck.
              I got a 5-pack of cheap galvanized buckets off Amazon, about 7 inches tall. My wife claimed a couple for "projects" and I have a couple for the cooker.
              Last edited by BruceB; April 25, 2021, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Found it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

I have a soup can I cut down that I use. I like the foil trick by mgaretz, I will use that too.

Comment

I use sour cream containers as a "liner" inside the metal bucket. The larger 24 oz size is better if doing a brisket. We get some soups and sauces occasionally in similar size and shape containers so I usually have at least a few on hand. I did learn that that these plastic containers will deform if I forget to take it out when I'm doing a maximum temperature cleaning burn.
                    Last edited by jerrybell; April 25, 2021, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I bought the traeger or pitboss holder and liners, a little larger than what Grilla provides and works great.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here