Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilla Grills Introduces Long Awaited WiFi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilla Grills Introduces Long Awaited WiFi

The Silverbac, the Grilla, the Chimp, and the Silverbac AT now all come with WiFi. Pricing for the smokers are actually relatively unchanged: Grilla to $859 from $850, Silverbac AT unchanged at $999, Chimp to $549 from $529, and Silverbac to $829 from $799. Existing owners can upgrade for $119 ($199 regularly) but get a free meat probe and RTD and shipping is expected in April.

Slick YouTube video here.

New WiFi features include remote start and temp control, alarms, timers, probe/auger monitoring, and a really clever pause feature. Essentially, when opening the lid you can press pause, and the controller will ignore the grill lid temp swings, and bring back the smoker to temp without over-correcting (going too high) quickly and efficiently.

The app looks pretty slick, and while it's hard to confirm, it does look like the notifications are outside of the app, meaning you won't need to have the app open at all times to see the notifications.

It looks very well thought out and well done.

I am pretty excited about this! Hoping we'll see some reviews soon before I pull the trigger on upgrading mine.

Comment

• BruceB
      BruceB commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm with you on that. I have one of the Silverbac original model close-outs from last fall, the upgrade pricing looks very attractive!

Full video list:

Short Alpha Connect Overview |

In-Depth Control Board Overview |

Behind the Scenes Vlog

| https://youtu.be/-AgGa8Z8xwc

Temp Tamer Feature |

Silverbac Alpha Connect Overview |

Grilla Alpha Connect Overview |

Chimp Alpha Connect Overview |

Comment

I had been trying to decide between the OG and the Silverbac for the better part of a year. When I heard that WiFi was coming I had decided to wait before purchasing. Well, I pulled the trigger this morning and ended up ordering the Silverbac. Should be delivered in 10 days. I will let you know once it arrives!

Comment

Well, I was really curious if they would introduce Wifi this year while the Traeger lawsuit against Green Mountain Grills is still hanging over the entire pellet industry. Looks like they rolled the dice and did it!

Comment

Cool!!! I'll be upgrading the Chimp ASAP!!!

Comment

I know some folks will pooh pooh wifi, but it's a game changer for a grill/smoker like a pellet unit... it adds an extra legitimacy to set it and forget it. Awesome they got it done so cheap too... hopefully a few other US based companies will pay attention

Comment

I'm excited it's finally here. When I was doing the review on the Silverbac Alpha, they were hoping later that year (2019) or the next spring it would be out. I want to try it, but then I think how hard is it to open my slider door and push a button.... Anyway, happy they have it out now. I trust they've spent time working out all the bugs so many other WiFi/BT systems suffer from.

Comment

Anybody have the Grilla? If so, do you find the vertical design is superior to the traditional horizontal layout of most pellet smokers (as it relates to yielding better smoked meat)?

Comment

• Baltimorelger
                  Baltimorelger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't have a traditional pellet to compare it to, but I will say that I love my grilla og. Minimal footprint, solid smoke flavor on all cooks (not the same as any of my charcoal options). I absolutely love mine.

I thought I would add my 2 cents. I bought a Siverbac with the new Wifi. After researching for weeks about a smoker I chose Grilla over Rec Tec and Traeger. I emailed Grilla about the timeline of their Wifi, as it had been in the works for what seemed like over a year. I got a quick reply saying they were looking at end of Spring. This was in mid March, and I had already decided to go with them regardless of the wifi feature. The purchase date was going to revolve around our upcoming spring break trip to Florida in early April so I was planning accordingly. Then one day before our trip they revealed the new wifi and I bought it right then. Ordered on a Wednesday, and it was in my garage on Friday morning, and assembled the night before we left town. The smoker is awesome too. The wifi is great as well. The app only controls the grill and gives you current temps. It was has alarms and timers and has worked flawlessly. There is no recipe database or ways to send recipes to the smoker, like Traeger has. I happen to own a Traeger at our lake-house, and I think they have the best app FWIW. But I am constantly having issues where the grill drops off our wifi network, sometimes mid cook. Drove me nuts last year. Traeger made me see the value in having a wifi option for a smoker, and yet, ironically helped me realize that as great as it is it was not a deal breaker for me which is why I had decided to buy a Grilla in the first place, when their wifi was still on the horizon.

Comment

I just ordered my replacement board yesterday! Once it comes and is installed, will share my experience.

Comment

Still working on my better half trying to convince her that the Grilla OG is a purchase that’s needed. I’m now working a ton of overtime at work so it’s gonna be a little easier in a month to bring up the discussion again.

Always Remember - Happy Wife = Happy Life.

Comment

• tdimond
                      tdimond commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I got lucky there. At an (outdoor, mostly podded) neighborhood birthday party last weekend, my wife said I would smoke something for a Memorial Day get together. That's when I told her that I had been looking at cookers that didn't need as much monitoring, especially for long cooks. She chimes in with "and so you can sleep?!" That's when I knew I could get serious about shopping.

My OG is on order and I'm waiting for it to ship.

• Baltimorelger
                      Baltimorelger commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sounds like you have a pathway to success!

• radiodome21
                      radiodome21 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      True that. I also have a WSM, which was only used by me. My wife has 0 interest in that. However, once she used the Traeger at the lake house and saw how it easy it is to use, there were no objections from her when I told her I was looking for one at our house.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here