Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GMG Elevated Rack Question for Daniel Boone or Jim BowieOwners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GMG Elevated Rack Question for Daniel Boone or Jim BowieOwners

I've got an upcoming big cook (May, daughter's wedding), and I've been looking for ways to increase the capacity of my existing cookers. While I don't have a GMG pellet smoker, it dawned on me over the weekend that GMG sells elevated cooking racks for their Daniel Boone and Jim Bowie smokers that could sit on the expanded metal cooking grate of my offset just as easily as they sit on the cooking grate of the GMG smokers.

The GMG website gives ZERO information on dimensions for these. Example:

https://greenmountaingrills.com/prod...ie-upper-rack/

Does anyone have these, and if so, is there clearance underneath them for a typical 8# boston butt?

Thanks!

Jim

Contact GMG Customer Support: 800-603-3398

Comment

So I do not have a pellet grill, but have considered a GMG. In looking around, I saw this and saved the link. I liked the look of it over GMG option.

Shop gas, pellet & charcoal grills & smokers, outdoor kitchen equipment, pizza ovens, & more at TheBBQHQ! Financing available, free shipping on most orders.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha, thanks. Those won’t work on my offset unfortunately, but look like a nice option for the GMG.

I have it. I'll get some measurements tonight, but yes, I think you can get a butt under it.
      Last edited by JCGrill; February 4, 2020, 05:17 AM.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

The Camp Chef Lumberjack campfire grill fits nicely in the Daniel Boone. Can mount on stainless all-thread or long bolts if you don’t want to deal with the legs.

Comment

Sorry for the tardiness. Not as tall as I thought. 21"W x 8.25" D x 4.375" H.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for measuring! I'll take a tape measure with me next time I buy butts, and see how thick most of them are...

A little late to the party,as usual. I have one of their racks. Very good quality stainless, but on occasion, did find it too low. Salvaged some ss foot covers from a bathroom vanity. Worked well, lots of similar items out there would do the trick.
        Cheers Bill
        Attached Files
        Last edited by coolfins; January 23, 2021, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Due to COVID, that big cook never happened, and with all the kids married, I don't see too many 200 person dinners in my BBQ future!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here