Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital readout being weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital readout being weird

With my newly acquired DC I’m trying to figure out how it acts with our beautiful sub freezing WI weather. My thermal blanket will be here on Sunday.
    Anyways I did a dry run the other night to see how it would act. Let it warm to 150 per directions the set it to 225 and let it go. I also used my maverick to see how the temp changed between the GMG readout and where I would typically be cooking.
    It never got within 40 degrees and from what I’ve read that’s not out of line BUT it did act strangely. The GMG readout got to 220 and by watching I could tell the computer was doing everything it could to fuel the fire to get to 225 but it couldn’t. Suddenly the readout drops to 170 and counts up roughly 1deg/sec back up to 220. A short bit later it drops back down to 170-175 and fluctuates there while my maverick stays around 225.
    Has anybody experienced this?
    Thanks in advance

I should add that I’m smoking ice right now. 25 deg and it struggled to hit 225 but it’s working perfectly

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here