Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1ST Brisket- Green Mountain Grills David Bowie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was very happy with my Rec Tec RT-680 for the first two years, but nothing but headaches since. Temps fluctuate a lot at any setting below 250 degrees. Have had a new lid, cover, controllers and RTD, all under warranty. They just sent me a new auger motor, which will supposedly fix the temp issues. Also, it has rust both inside and outside, even though I keep it covered when not in use. They sent me hi temp primer and paint to fix the outside, but it is still peeling. I am tired of replacing parts along with the rust issue. The one positive is that their customer service is very good, and due to the six year warranty, I have not had to pay for any of the parts.

Comment

RAGBBQ - Sorry to hear about REC-Tec woes, they were high on my upgrade list, 700 bull. Similar frustration with GMG DB

GMG DB replaced lid, controller, meat probe, owners manual (pages fell out of book), no rust

Comment

Rickorocks, sorry that you are going through similar issues. I did a lot of research before I bought my grill. There are so many pellet grills out there that it makes my head spin. Everyone has their own opinion about the different models.

I just want one that will be reliable! Thankfully my WSCGC has been rock solid. No regrets with that grill!

Comment

Wscgc?

Comment

Weber Summit Charcoal Grill Center.

Comment

I have the Weber Summit gas grill, very nice. It has a smoker burner, never had much luck with smoking on the Summit

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here